1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Stupid Question...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by themoose, May 14, 2014.

1. themoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ...but the internet is proving useless for this. My boyfriend and I were both tested and both came out clean. After the results came back, we started having unprotected sex. Provided we both only sleep with each other and no other partners, am I right in thinking that we are OK to continue having unprotected sex?
    Reason being I prefer the sensations without a layer of rubber in between me and him and it would be nice to be pretty much certain that it's all good.

2. Trentacles

imo. yeah go for it. my bf and i were both virgins so we basically decided its stupid to waste condoms. if you're clean you might as well enjoy sex

3. Theron

That's ASSUMING you both stay true to one another. The highest incidence of infection is among "monogamous" couples where one has strayed.

I've had unprotected sex and done drugs with dirty needles and though it's been 12 years and I have never tested positive for anything, I won't even do oral without a condom (my gums bleed fairly regularly). I won't put my fiance at risk.

He's in the medical profession and also gets tested, and he's been stuck with a few dirty needles along the way, so yeah, an ounce of caution never hurt anyone.

Plus it's easier clean-up.

4. you can certainly carry on... but if i were in your shoes and even in my own shoes... i wouldnt. i always use protection. i just cannot play with my sexual health im too scared too. i love life and one day if somehow i caught something and i ended up with aids/hiv it would be the end of my world....not literally but i wouldnt know what to do. not even just that... any sti would freak me out even if it could get treated.

its a common question that comes up so ive seen on here.
    can i have sex with my bf if we are both clean/monogamous?
    yeah you can, but your bf who you think you might never cheat on you.... one day may and you might never know till one day you test positive for something.

you can get condoms for free so, if its free all the better to not have to pay!
    practising safe sex is always good. one of the few things youre taught in school that you should carry through with you for all of your life. unlike stupid pointless things like whats the area of a triangle! lol.

sorry if i come across as harsh...

5. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's safe as long as both of you are faithful to one another. Like Theron said, if one party strays it opens up the risk for infection. I would also recommend that you continue to be tested-sometimes the tests don't show up the first time but will show up later. As long as you both show up continuously clean and only stick with one another, you should be fairly okay.

6. themoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cool, thanks all - helped a lot :slight_smile:

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's beyond the level of risk I would be willing to take. While the two of you don't have STIs (or at least HIV, if that's all you tested), it's still possible for the anally penetrating partner to get a urinary tract infection.

This is the reason I believe everyone should use condoms.

Just my two pence.