1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad bad bad

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by mattyrusso, Aug 10, 2008.

1. mattyrusso

i dont have any appetite anymore
    and i feel like shit 24/7.
    i think im depressed. it comes and goes.
    but when its here, its all i think abt and when its gone, i still dont feel that great.
    ive talked about it with my friend online
    but it doesnt help much.
    at my physcial a week or so ago, my doc made me fill out a form of questions.
    she said i should see a therapist.
    when i told my ma, she flipped and wanted to know what was wrong.
    so, to avoid my mother knwoing anything, i convinced her that nothing was wrong.
    obviously, there is and i think talking to a therapist would help.
    sigh.
    its stemming from something i cant quite put my finger on.
    like, i dont like myself at all, so i just find these people that i want to be like and get obsessed with trying to be them and such
    which always gets me down cause no matter how hard i try, i can never do it.

is there anything i can do?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. Go see a therapist.

Tell your mother you've had a lot on your mind, and you've decided seeing a therapist would probably be best.

Lex

3. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Hey. I agree with Lex, but if that really isn't possible is there anyone else you could try to talk to?? Maybe just having a sympatheitc friend to listen to you and support you would make things better for a while, or until you can convince your mother you need a therapist.
    (*hugs*)

4. Jebs

Yea. Lex hit it right on the head. I had a simliar situation when I was about your age.. I didn't know who to go to, so instead of just telling my parents I needed help, I decided to go alone on it. Not the best choice. I did finally make it to a therapist, but it was after a lot of mistakes and bad decision. Nip this on the bud before things get worse. Good luck man.

5. silentsound

See a therapist, it really will help you. Tell your mom something vague about having a lot on your mind or a lot going on in your life. You could say that you are at a difficult age or time in your life and you feel like it would be beneficial to see a therapist to work through some of your emotions. Tell her that there is nothing wrong now, but you feel that by seeing a therapist and working through small issues as they arise will help to ensure that you don't encounter big problems in the future.

6. Jim1454

See a therapist. It sounds like you're depressed, and unfortunately, what ever it is that is bothering you isn't simply going to go away on it's own. I was quite often depressed as a teen, and didn't do anything about it. I just carried on. My mom was also often depressed, and I just took her cue and lived with it - never going to see anyone.

Even after I was married and my wife insisted that I see someone for depression, nothing really came of it. He 'patted my head' so to speak, told me to cheer up, gave me a pamphlet on depression, and sent me on my way. That worked for a while, but eventually my depression got worse, and I developed an addiction to help me cope. It can become a pretty vicious circle.

In the end, I attribute much of it to me being gay and not even recognizing it myself - at least not consciously. The battle I was having internally all my life eventually took it's toll and burst out into my external life - and caused a whole lot of people a whole lot of pain. More than if I'd dealt with it earlier.

So I would STRONGLY recommend talking to someone if you have the chance.

It's OK that your mom flipped!! How would you feel if she didn't care that you felt like crap? But not all parents (me included) know how to react in the right way, all the time. So don't worry that she freaked. Be honest with her and say that you do have some stuff that is bothering you, and that you'd like to talk to a counsellor before you talk about it with her. She should understand, and be relieved that you've told her and you're dealing with it.

Parents freak out because they care. Remember that. Our kids are the most important thing in our lives, and we flip out because we would have wanted to do something earlier, and we're upset that you didn't bring us your problems when they first started.

PM me if you want to talk more.

7. whitefang

i dont really have any advice (i cant take my own advice if i had any) thats rough and im in kida the same place where you are. just try not to let it get to you.
    oh and i think ur cute:icon_redf

8. mattyrusso

dittoooo jordan =]
    and thanks everyone. ur advice has helped alot

9. whitefang

10. mattyrusso

well i dont know u too well, but i defintely think ur really cute and fun to talk to =]

11. whitefang

i..... that would be a frist someone liked me!

12. mattyrusso

no way. i dont believe it. =]

13. whitefang

its true at my school i get picked on and i have had no one really like the way u do i have friends but none could compare the way ur making me feel right now!! :wink:

14. mattyrusso

awwww thats lame im sorrry.
    im glad i make u happy=] u do too

15. whitefang

awww.............
    me is very happy right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. whitefang

i think i has my biggest crush ever!! on you!

17. biisme

everyone has had the right advice. go see the a therapist.