1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

circumcision. yay or nay

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by shadowmonger, May 22, 2014.

1. shadowmonger

Out Status:
    A few people
    i was cut and wish i wasnt. what about anyone else. thoughts. opinions?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Sorry to hear that. It can be a painful thing to have something done without your consent.

3. shadowmonger

Out Status:
    A few people
    it was a functional healthy peice of my anatomy and my parents made the decision to have it amputated when i was born. im pretty pissed about it.

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get the feeling I know what direction this thread will go.

Anyways, I think the person whose part of their dick you're about to cut off should have a say in it. So I don't believe in circumcising baby boys. I'm circumcised, and as much as I'd like to have had a choice, I'm okay with it, but others may not be.

5. shadowmonger

Out Status:
    A few people
    i dont either. it should be left to the person to decide what happens to their body

6. Tetra

It's a part of religious "ceremony", but we're in a modern age, and this kind of stuff shouldn't be happening. In ANY other situation, it wouldn't be allowed. However since it's religious, it is.
    I don't personally agree with it. Although they are your parents and are responsible for you, they are NOT the owner of your body, and shouldn't be allowed to make decisions for you now matter how old you are.

7. shadowmonger

Out Status:
    A few people
    i agree. if you want to get it done yourself when your old enough for religious reasons that im all for that. thats an informed decision by a competent adult. but on babies who cant choose? its just wrong.

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am increasingly against infant circumcision. "His body. His choice."

I am particularly appalled by one case I mentioned in News where a father is fighting to have his 3.5 year old son circumcised. The boy is certainly old enough to be aware of what is going on. He could, I think, be traumatized for life.

On a personal level: I was cut. I honestly have had mixed feelings. It is what I'm used to.

But...if it had been left to my decision, I'd have left my dick uncut. Also as a teenager, I hated the scar, and the fact that my dick had a "two tone" look (darker skin towards base, lighter skin towards tip, with scar separating the two).

At the same time, though, I haven't seriously thought about foreskin restoration.

Nor have I seriously considered a sleeve product I've heard about that wraps around the dick to "replace" the foreskin. While improved sensitivity is nice, simplicity in peeing is also a good thing.

9. shadowmonger

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ive tried foreskin restoration for a while. It really works my skin is much lisser than it used ti be by far. But . It take a huge commitment and consistency for years to be effective.

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, man, I'm sorry that happened. :frowning2: I'll come and say something nice on your wall.

I'm not going to voice my opinion on the moral status of circumcision publicly, because apparently threads get locked if we do that.

11. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The "years" has been my impression. Another impression: it's not the same as the "factory original equipment" foreskin.

12. shadowmonger

Out Status:
    A few people
    Youre so nice :slight_smile:

Functionally its not the same but aesthetically restored foreskins can look like nothing ever happened. Inhave a site that might be worth checkingnout if youre interested.

13. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Against it, but it was done when I was 6, so it was even worse. Long story for a different day....

14. Hyaline

I had been thinking about this recently too. My best friend just had a baby and this topic came up between us and he said he would have him circumcised because it made him less sensitive. ....<sigh> Yes, he was worried about his son being able to maintain an erection during sex and being able to go at it for the long haul... My comment to him was that is should be up to him. I am cut and would have preferred not to have been. I've given the restoration a long look, but I don't think I have the commitment to go through with it..

It seems most of the people I've spoken with that are for it seem to want to cite traditional reasons (family, religion, cultural). Here in the states its quite common for babies to be circumcised.. But I was surprised to learn through a bit of reading while having this debate that we are in the minority for the most part....

Oh and for those that are interested, My friend didn't end up having to have his son circumcised, she didn't the parts to make it an issue. :slight_smile:

15. shadowmonger

Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish parents would be more willing to give their kids the choice. Cut us all I know. But I fund uncut so much more attractive and hate I wasnt given the choice.

16. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm jewish and was luckily spared from getting a circumcision. I was severely ill and jaundiced when I came in to this world, and my mom decided I'd been through enough. Later she talked to a nurse about it, and she said that without looking you can tell which newborn boys have been circumcised, because those are the ones that won't stop crying.

17. ornoir29

I think parents shouldn't decide for their sons, it's really up to the concerned person. My ex was cut at the age of 6 because he had a bad phymosis. The surgeon did a pretty horrible job (he had scars that almost looked like seams), his penis was pretty much insensitive.

18. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think circumcision should only be undertaken if medically required.

I don't believe in mutilating children. Especially when justified by ancient savage religions.

Children are fine how they are.

Happy days :slight_smile:

19. 741852963

Well there is always foreskin restoration if it bothers you greatly: Foreskin restoration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whilst it won't completely "reverse" a circumcision (for instance the skin will be slightly "looser" looking at the end than natural foreskin) it certainly gives the impression or appearance of having foreskin. It seems to be effective and safe.

---------- Post added 23rd May 2014 at 11:36 AM ----------

I'd imagine it wouldn't be - natural foreskin has a slight tightness around the end (a bit like an elastic band) that ensures the foreskin stays flush with the glans and closed when the penis is flaccid. That being said I'm sure sure the restored foreskin would do the same basic job. It looks pretty much the same as the real deal too.

20. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only for medical reasons.