1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sleeping problems.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Toast, May 27, 2014.

1. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Typically, Iwake up at least once every night in the early hours of morning (sometime between 1 and 4 AM). It's always a challenge go get back to sleep, and on the nights where I do manage to sleep through the night, I still wake up feeling tired and drained. The feeling doesn't really go away. Changing positions from sleeping with my head by the headboard to with my head at the footboard helps some, but not too much. I'll still wake up during the night.

Does anyone have any advice on how to sleep through the night and wake up feeling like you really did sleep?

2. DangerAlex

I typically sleep between 1 and 3 hours per night, and not even all at once. It's usually a few 15-45 minute naps throughout the night. Wish I could help, but I'm like the poster boy for insomnia.

3. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

If it won't go away with sleeping "tricks" you should consult a doctor.
    Or take some natural things that help you with sleeping.
    Actually I don't know. But sleeping not well isn't good for health:slight_smile:

4. I've had a fair bit of trouble sleeping through the night as well. I think my problems were largely caused by anxiety, but here's what I did anyway:

I had no caffeine after like 4pm, I had a very strict bedtime routine. I would wash my face with my favorite relaxing face wash, brush my teeth, put on my pjs and lay down in my bed at pretty much the same time every single night. I left my phone, my computer and everything with a backlight somewhere else and the only thing I was allowed to do in bed besides sleep was read a little bit.
    I try to wake up at the same time every single morning as well. The routine is strict so my body will get used to it. I also take vitamin d3 in the morning to help perk me up a little bit.

I've also heard good things about taking melatonin to help sleep, but I don't know much about it.

5. DangerAlex

That's what makes Sleepytime Tea so popular, the melatonin in it makes you drowsy. It used to help me quite a bit, but now it only relaxes me some. It doesn't actually make me drowsy. I've taken NyQuil and TylenolPM and other OTC sleep aids so much that they don't help me anymore. I even got a tolerance to Ambien.

I've just accepted that I'm not meant to sleep very much.

6. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Huh. I like the tea brand that markets Sleepytime. (Can't remember the name of it right now.) Maybe I'll give that a go. I didn't know it boosts melstonin.

As for the sleeping schedules, I try to be pretty regular about when j gl to sleep and what I do before hand, but school activities and family plans make it difficult to predict when I'll finally get to bed every night.

7. black-cat

It is just after 6am here and I've been awake for 2 hours! unfortunately I can't really help you aside from suggesting that you go to see a doctor...until then good luck and have fun staring at your ceiling *hugs

8. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Sleeping Pills? Unless you're against that.

Something that usually helps me sleep is the sound of a fan or something light.. Maybe try drinking lots of water or a mini snack like grapes maybe before bed? make sure your bed is comfortable for you.. Maybe something is causing you to wake up but you just haven't noticed it yet?

I know how it feels by the way.. I use to wake up at 2-3 am for no reason at all.. It turns out it was anxiety though. Do you struggle with anything like that? Meds help.. some do and some don't though. It's all a matter of finding the right one. I was really against medication in the beginning.. But it has seemed to have helped me.