1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

testicle cancer

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by andromeda37, May 29, 2014.

1. andromeda37

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi andromeda37 here i,m new here but i,ve been reading about guys who,ve lost one of their testicles with cancer. as i,m currently going through that now I,d thought i,d let everyone know about my situation. I,m 48 gay but still in closet for reasons i can,t say here. i lost my left testicle to cancer but i wasn,t as lucky as most as it has now spread to my blood and i,ve been given 2 years to live, and no there is no chance of treatment. in a lot of the replies I,ve read most of you seem to have had good responses but here where i live it,s been hell. my ex left me when I had the op so being a total prick posted it all over town and for the last 2 years i,ve been the but of many a nasty joke some oen even posted an article about me in our local paper and since then all the gay guys in my town treat me like i,m a leper. most of who I,ve known for a long time now won,t eveb talk to me for fear of being labelled so now i just stay away form every one. 6 moths ago I met an 18 year old guy through a friend and we clicked straight away i told him about what happened and so far he is still with me. he replied who cares you had no choice remove it or lose your life, i,d done the same thing he said and now our friendship is a lot more closer. if fact i ended up falling in love with him, yes it,s sounds nuts i know me 48 him 18 but the way he has stood by me and supported me has been amazing we are spending so much time together and i know it,s not out of sympathy he truly loves being with me. the age difference does concern him at all. in fact i eneded telling him that i,d fallen in love with him, his reaction was well, I feel the same way and now we even closer together. he,s been the only guy who,s stood by oh by the way he,s straight let he is in love with me he knows i,m gay as i,ve told him and he is the only one who knows but we,re still togehter so i,m guess i,m pretty lucky to have him but lately he,s changed so much for the better, he now cannot stay away from me and we pretty much togehter 24/7 i,m sure that he is going to ask me to be his boyfriend because of certain hints he,s given but wait and see but good luck to all i,m only hoping that this guy does something soon oh he knows i,m on borrowed time but he still sticks with me do you think he is in love with me i,d like some feed back but please keep comments on the pleasant side as i,m fed up with being bagged about what happened.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, can I say how sorry I am to hear that the cancer has spread. The news must have been devastating for you and you don't deserve all of the crap that has been spread around. Keep fighting on.

It's not so uncommon for a younger person to fall in love with an older person, so I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that your guy's feelings are real or genuine. For him to stand by you, despite the difficulties of your situation certainly says something about him. Yes, there is a big age gap and it may not be plain sailing and if I'm being totally honest I'm a little concerned that he is getting involved in a situation that will greatly test him on an emotional level, but if you are both committed to it (for however long you have) and you are honest with each other, it could work out. I'm sure with the time you have available you'll want to give it everything.