1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird thing with my ankle

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by AudreyB, May 30, 2014.

1. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

OK, you know how most of us are equipped to be able to lift our foot (the toes end) up off the floor at least a couple inches when we are standing or sitting with the foot parallel to the ground? I know I've always been able to do this, until a couple weeks ago.

For some reason, try as I might, I can't seem to get my left foot to hinge upward like this at the ankle. It stays completely flat on the floor. :confused: Right one is just fine, as always. I can get that one up a good three inches or so.

What could be the problem here? :eusa_eh: I don't recall any pain there at any time for any reason over the past few weeks. Maybe the ankle's a bit weak atm, in addition to being "locked downward", but otherwise feels like ordinary ankle.

(Thought for a moment it might be my calf shortening from all my heel wearing. But right one being perfectly OK throws this hypothesis out.)

Armchair docs? :help:

2. Lipstick Leuger

I'm a rehab therapist, and you need to get this looked at.

It could be something as simple as a microscopic muscle tear, or something as complicated as MS. It could be an inflamed ligament or even a side effect of a virus(strange I know, but this happens occasionally) If you exercise or run/bike it could be the start of Compartment syndrome. Get it checked out.

ASAP.

3. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Well, Lipstick, on the bright side, I'm glad someone responded to my post. :slight_smile: On the not-so-bright side, gotta admit your post has me suddenly very concerned. MS? :eek: Compartment syndrome? FYI, the most strenuous activity I participate in is long-distance walking. (Can't run anymore because of a bad knee.)

Have had other oddities with my body lately, such as recently-developed scoliosis. I'm pretty sure this was due to the obsessive double-corsetting I used to indulge in and self-starvation. (Still trying to fight these urges.)

The downside is I presently have no health insurance. :frowning2: Hopefully, I will get this soon so I can have no hesitation about going to get stuff checked out.

At any rate, thanks for your feedback, Lipstick!