1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scars are so itchy

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by joshy the queen, May 31, 2014.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok im so sorry i keep asking for help anyway
    i used to self harm with razors and burn myself with very very hot water and also a pocket knife and once i did with some kind of a plastic thing i found as i was so hopeless and stupid
    anyway its like a year or so since i did any of those crazy stuff
    but only some months since i stopped for good but i started to do it clean back then
    anyway the problem is my scars are so itchy and i cant stand not to scratch them sometimes i see red marks on them like inside my skin and after that i start to scratch like hell
    what is wrong with me is that an infection ?? they look like they faded but there is this big very deep one that havent and its the most one that has this thing this one is my first i thought it would be the first to go but it doesnt want to go nor do it wants to stop scratching me
    should i go to a doctor or something to cheek on them ? or its no big deal ?

2. black-cat

Depending on how deep you went, the skin/nerves/fat whatever is still knitting together, even if the top is healed and smooth. Most likely you did a lot of damage to a nerve (or nerves) and they are still having trouble functioning. If you are worried or it continues, I would recommend you go to the doctor.

In the meantime massaging the area with lotion will help, or a cream like E45 Itch Relief will help the itching and cool it down.

I do it too, I understand. A huge well done for stopping and staying clean, you should be very proud of yourself! :slight_smile: *high five

3. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you so much jane and yes im proud im sure others can do it when they learn to love themselves
    And i will try to do what you said
    Btw im going with my best friend he promised to take me to the doctor if i want to but he have exams now i think i will go but i hope i dont have infection