1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it that big of a dealbreaker?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by flyinhernikes, Jun 3, 2014.

1. trying not o be too graphic.
    learning from a previous mistake.... ive sort of become a bit.... 'woah must use protection' sort of person now. im not saying thats a bad thing, but if on someone you dont know too well (ie just started getting serious with) or even someone casual.... would it be a turn off if someone said wait do you mind if i use something?

i dont mean like the whole five yards of 'wait let me put on gloves before my hands go within 2 inches of you' but i mean... the 'wait do you mind if i use something i go lower' sort of?

i know stis are low between women.... but, would it be a turn off?

besides protection can come in handy and be more 'pleasant' if you dont like the taste e.t.c so winner winner chicken dinner (or so i thought)

ive only ever encountered one person who was like you dont need to use anything and totally against me using anything, and thought i was insane for asking.... and it was a dealbreaker for her.

so would it be a deal breaker for someone you were just getting serious with or even casually dating/seeing?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I fail to see why that would be a problem...

I'll be honest, until I joined this forum I didn't actually realise that using protection was even a THING for anything other than penetrative sex, so I can completely understand why other people might feel a bit strange about it...

It's like when I first heard about using a condom to give a BJ, and I thought about how weird that seemed, because it had literally never come up before. I know the purpose of it logically, but your brain doesn't really work so well under those conditions...

3. Maeve

No, it wouldn't be an issue for me. I'd want to know before though, not in the middle of getting it on!

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone who doesn't want to use condoms... is not someone you want to be having anything to do with. It means they commonly don't use condoms, and that puts them, and you, at risk.

So if you're starting into sex and they discourage, don't want to, or refuse to use a condom... that's someone you want to avoid like the plague.

5. anaisninja

IMO, anyone who doesn't respect your wanting to use protection and think you are fucking awesome for doing so - doesn't deserve you.

6. Wouldn't be a deal breaker at all for me!
    But yeah, I think the big problem here is that people don't know a lot about things like dental dams and other forms of 'protection' that don't have anything to do with penetrative sex.

If she's not cool with your safer sex preferences, then that's bullish*t, tbh.

Though I do know people who will have casual sex/sex with new partners and just not go down on them until they've known them for a while/can be sure they don't have any STIs too, because dental dams are not always easy to find and like you've said, some women don't like to use them.

7. Calix

I didn't even know protection for it was a thing :confused: But it wouldn't bother me. I'd want anyone I was with to be comfortable.

8. Theron

I'm engaged and we still use condoms and gloves. o.o Adds some level of kink with gloves, actually, if one of you has a doctor fetish.

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't like protection and I don't know if I'd use it unless It's applied to my partner. Because of this I would never EVER have casual sex and only sex with people I have known a long time and can trust to be safe.

However, in casual encounters it is safer and anyone who would try to do it without it is not too smart in my opinion.

10. MyTruth2013

Someone wanting to play fast and loose with your health is a dealbreaker! :eusa_naug