1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much is too much?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mrcake, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Mrcake

Now that school is done with for the time being, I have been working a lot. I have been taking summer classes and working, but it is starting to take a toll on me. With school and work, I have been staying up for 24 hours... my work has been calling me in for overnights and I have had to cover them for the last two weeks. I am getting tired! I am trying to focus on balancing school and work, but it is really tough on my body. Right now I'm about ready to fall asleep, even though I woke up at 3pm (I worked an overnight last night). I work tomorrow and friday overnight, 3-10 saturday sunday... What should I do? Should I just say I can't work or should I tough it out until school gets done with?

2. Hyaline

School first...ALWAYS... Work can be made up later, but school is a one time thing. If you need to rest, rest....

And work on that BF probably too, after school but before work.. :slight_smile:

3. Mrcake

Trying... the BF is non existent right now.. We were doing so well for a few months there, seeing each other every weekend. And now it's like non existent.

4. does your work know you have school?

if not just let them know, that you want to get it out the way before you can cover extra shifts. i know my work is pretty accomodating to peoples school/college hours and they know who to call on if they need extra cover and its not the ones with school. they know that school comes first.

i would cut back on work and focus on your studies.
    my biggest regret is not trying my hardest when i was at school!

5. Mrcake

My work knows.. and they know that our house is short staffed. We literally just hired 4 new people in my house (including me), and we are all college students - or were. I worked 45 hours this week and managed to still workout, and finish an online class. I'm so dedicated! And guess what, flyinhernikes? I got an A in my class!