1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay with crohn's disease

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by gaycrohnie, Jun 4, 2014.

1. gaycrohnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was wondering if there are any other lgbt people here with crohns disease or ulcerative colitis. How do you manage this disease and your sex and social life?

I'm finding it really challeging.

There is an LGBT crohns board Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender but I guess some of my concerns may be a little graphic for the straight population ie: anal sex and rimming.

2. gaycrohnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Still wondering if anyone has experience or thoughts. For those who don't know crohns is a GI illness and sometimes you gotta run with diarrhea or could have accidents.

Im really scared what a guy will think if I tell him I struggle with this and if he will be turned off. Will he not want to have sex worried I may have an accident. I do control it with meds but still it's not a socially acceptable topic especially since I'm into being bottom.

3. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I can see how that would be a problem, but if it's controlled by medicine everything should turn out okay.

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yea, i dont think it should matter, as long as you can control it besides, im sure that your future boyfriend can be understanding once you explain it to him

5. gaycrohnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's generally controlled but there is always that fear of an accident. Anal sex also opens you up so it makes having control harder. I think it's better to just do everything on my part to avoid a problem and not tell a guy because they will never want to have sex.

6. Trev

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Whenever anal sex is involved there is always the possiblility of accidents during and for a while after when your ass is relaxed and well lubed. A guy I was messing with had one once and we just got in the shower and cleaned up and threw the sheets in the washer and laughed about it after. LOL

Another time my college fuck buddy and I got in the car to drive to the beach after an early AM fuck session. BAD IDEA!!!

7. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have IBS, so yes, it can be challenging. Not sexually active at the moment, but I totally get it.

8. gaycrohnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    IBS is annoying but its not crohns which is IBD. IBD CREATES damaging inflammation to tissue lining and often results in major complications, hospitalizations and surgery.

9. Aquilo

There are other options than anal sex (if you only wish to bottom and have no desire to top). I think only somewhere between 40-70% of the gay population has anal sex regularly..

10. gaycrohnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly I would be devastated because I love to bottom and don't really care for the other stuff much.

11. EyreApparent

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It looks like it's been a while since you asked your question, but I'll pitch in anyway.

I really can't say I'm in a better position, I have crohn's that is "managed" (which really just means held in stasis for me). I actually had surgery a few years back and had my entire large intestine and most of the rectum removed. It's been quite conflicting to deal with, I couldn't even begin to describe my experiences and feelings in a single post. I can empathize with your fears; I may not know how to deal with all the aspects yet, but I hope it's some comfort to know you're not alone.

Finding lgbt perspectives on dealing with crohn's has been almost impossible. I do actually know someone else with it, but his approach was... distastefully full of compromise (to me, and from what you've mentioned probably to you as well).