1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just 6 weeks workout program App...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by duende84, Jun 5, 2014.

1. duende84

I have started with a home workout program based on an App I downloaded onto my Samsung phone.

It is a very basic program but apparently, if done correctly and without cutting corners, it can produce some good results.

It is called "Just 6 weeks" and consists of a timer/chart system for Sit-ups, Push-ups, Dips, Squats and Pull-ups*.

It starts off with testing your current capability and then "setting the bar". From there it gives you instructions on what to do and even has programmed resting times.

Lets see how it works :thumbsup: ... anyone else here using it?

* Pull-ups are not being done as I have yet to find a method to pull myself up without risk of ripping the house apart. Hehehe

2. Rumpletubb

Just a reminder that you need to continue after the programs done, getting really fit takes commitment! Sounds like a great way to start though!

Is there something you can hang from with your feet on the ground, use that and do "fake" pull-ups ^^ focuses more on middle back and does a number in the biceps!
    I haven't tried out any training-apps so no opinions there but fight on and stay diligent!

Good luck!

3. duende84

Thank you. Yes, to stay active is the mission.

To hang from? Not really and I dont want to drill into the walls since this is a rent house we are staying in.

4. Julieno

I am using the "you are your own gym" app to get in shape (and running nearly daily), it is very good and very cheap for a complete guide of exercises with different programs.

You don't need anything but things that you usually have at home. I am quite happy with it though I have just started and most of the results i am seeing come from running now, but hopefully i'll start to tone up soon.

For pull-ups you can use a door. Open it, put a towel or something on top to avoid hurting your hands and use a chair of a suitable height to have a place to rest your feet or do assisted pullups :slight_smile: