1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Health class

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Anonymous, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Anonymous

Why do schools only teach safe sex between straight people, and occacionally gay men? Like, "use a condom or you WILL get pregnant" or "the best prevention of pregnancy is abstinence". One time, I told the health teacher that not all sex leads to pregnancy, and she said "gay men need to use condoms to prevent STDs" and left it like that. WHAT ABOUT LESBIANS? Its like the school boards assume that they are protecting the public by assuming everyone is gonna be straight. By not teaching safe sex between ALL relationships,they are just setting people up, ESPECIALLY lesbians and bi women, for vunerability and transmission of STDs and STIs.

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yes, its kinda annoying that schools do this, funny this is most of my sex education is COMING from this site and rest i learned from research and other people

3. thelamekidd

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with you 100%. I guess some schools feel like teaching same sex couples about being safe will make the other students uncomfortable, or maybe the school thinks it's "taboo" or whatever. Either way, I think ALL students should know how to be safe. I'm glad my school is willing to teach anyone about safe sex, regardless of orientation.

4. Maeve

Only a few states have sex ed with an inclusive view of same-sex relationships. Several only portray SS couples negatively. 19 of the states plus DC stress "importance of sex within marriage."

My state is an inclusive state, and I don't remember anything about same-sex relationships in health class. I ended up taking a human sexuality class in college, and I learned all about it.

5. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Laci Green on YouTube made a video about lesbian sex, and how to have safe lesbian sex. Lesbians do have a lower chance of catching STDs than in heterosexual and male gay relationships, but of course the chance is not 0, so I suppose you'll have to self educate. I do agree, I think they should at least touch on safe homosexual sex, for both lesbians and gays.
    Laci's video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMMjVwj_XJw

6. Anonymous

I just watched that, along with her other videos. Finally, a sex positive sex ed teacher