1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't want to top...ever. Strange or no?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by SK halfie, Jun 12, 2014.

1. SK halfie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My boyfriend doesn't have a problem with this, but I wonder if it's weird.
    Am I the only one who feels this way?
    I've never been interested in topping anyone, ever. Even when I first started masturbating(spelling?). I started fingering myself at like 12 or 13 and I never enjoyed getting off without it. I could, but it felt kind of boring, you know?
    Like, would you rather have the ice cream in the bowl or with the AWESOME waffle cone with sprinkles and cool stuff? Either way you get ice cream, but we both know which way the ice cream will be better.
    I'm not good at this kind of public stuff. Sorry.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

No, It's not weird as long as your boyfriend understands. Never do something you don't want to do just because you feel like you should. I would never want to 'bottom' ever, and the right person won't change my mind. So just be you!

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No more gays like to bottom than top

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    no theres nothing wrong with that, some guys like to top, some like to bottom it only matters if you feel comfortable do it or not

5. Gregarity

Nah, man, it's all a matter of preference. You don't dom and that's fine. I could do either but subbing appeals to me more and that's fine. Joe Schmoe down the street can't get hard without Elvis playing or his custom order Bad Dragon 10' luminescent silicon dragon dong and that's fine. It's good of your bf not to be bothered and respecting what you want, since your preferences 9/10 times aren't changeable short of something traumatic happening. Do what makes you feel best.

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the greater majority of gay men are versatile, but even then, some will have a preference for one role or another.

It's certainly not unusual to find men who will only bottom or top though. If you are happy to bottom all the time and your boyfriend/partner is happy to top for you, perfect. Only becomes a problem if your partner has an unmet need for bottoming.

7. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I personally feel the same way, but I'd top if my partner really wanted me to. But I could never just be a top.

8. Devin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would hate the idea of being a top. As I've told one of my friends, even though I want to have a penis I'm hardly gonna do anything with it.

9. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm the opposite, I don't think I could ever bottom. It has nothing to do with ego, I promise.

However, with the right guy, whom I was comfortable with, I might consider it if it was something he really wanted. Relationships require compromise once in a while, and that's okay. Never do something you are adamant about, of course. But it's a good idea to keep an open mind when circumstances might change :slight_smile:

10. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the exact same way. I'm definitely only bottom.

11. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have zero intention of ever topping a man.

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I consider myself a switch, but my idea of topping is probably using fingers, toys, tongue more than half the time. That, and I like to mix and match roles: power bottom, passive top.

To answer your question, no, it isn't so strange. There are plenty of exclusive bottoms, and plenty of exclusive tops. Just make sure your partner knows ahead of time, or else you'll be be less than satisfied.

13. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. People have their preferences; and no one should try and make you do something tha t you're not interested in. I do think that by and large, more gay men are bottoms than tops. I'm an exclusive top myself and no one has ever had a problem with that.