1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling really lightheaded and tired but can't sleep

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by animequeen567, Jun 16, 2014.

1. animequeen567

Lately around the time I normally go to sleep I've been feeling very lightheaded. I thought maybe it was just because of working too hard because it's not everyday, but just every once and a while lately. It makes me dizzy sometimes when I try to walk and I also have trouble concentrating. But as soon as I try to fall asleep, I can't. All it does is make it harder to fall asleep which doesn't make sense to me. Does anyone know what this could be? I know that I can't use this place as a diagnosis, but I can't afford a doctor at the moment so does anyone have any ideas on what I can do about this? It annoys the crap out of me when I can't fall asleep yet I'm feeling very tired.

2. Really

Some kind of vertigo? Maybe check out pubmed to see what the symptoms might indicate.

3. birdking

I had similar symptoms when I had an iron deficiency so maybe that's what it is?

Iron deficiency is caused by particularly heavy "shark weeks" and it's fairly common I think. Try some iron supplements!

also maybe you should check that out with a doctor? just to be safe

#3 birdking, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  4. animequeen567

It very well could be an iron deficiency. I didn't even think of that. Thanks.

5. Nick07

I have anemia, and I am pretty dizzy all the time, even now when I am sitting. But it doesn't effect my sleeping habits.
    You can be dizzy because of the neck spine, or because of many other reasons. The same goes for the lack of sleep. Thyroid comes to mind.
    I would start with vitamins and minerals suplement and have the blood tests done.

6. Joanie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do not see a problem with taking a multivitamin/minerals, but I would say do NOT take iron supplements before having a test. If your iron is normal or high, adding iron can be pretty dangerous. Especially for men, because no periods = no blood loss, so no iron loss. Excess iron is very hard to get rid of and causes damage. Unless your doctor says you need to take iron, I wouldn't touch that.

If you decide to try a multi (without iron), a natural one is better. And if it doesn't help regulate your sleep cycles, you can try adding a natural sleep-aid or OTC.

My guess is that you're too tired and so running on adrenalin all the time and when you go to bed, it prevents you from falling asleep. The solutions above can help you temporarily with that, but the best is still to correct the cause. Your body can't meet your energy demands, so slowing down a bit would be the appropriate solution.

Joanie.

#6 Joanie, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  7. Nick07

^ That's true. There are also different types of anemia (one of them is caused by lack of vitamines B). I would dare to guess that over the counter multivitamines are safe though. Which also means, that if you have severe problems, they won't help you.
    Do your best to eat well and to rest and try to see a doctor. Your body screams for help.

8. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've experienced things like this in the past. While, I am still not 100% sure what was causing this, part of the problem could have been dehydration. I know that high salt consumption can even dizziness.