1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aspirin Poisoning?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Zooombini, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was feeling really low yesterday night I grabbed an aspirin bottle and downed at least 10 pills, probably more, and this morning I woke up feeling nauseous, light headed, and with ringing in my ears. My hands are shaking pretty bad too.

I don't feel too horrible and I really don't want to trouble my Aunt or Uncle with taking me to the ER nor do I want to explain why I took so many aspirins all at once. Is it serious? I don't know what to do.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best thing to do in these cases is to go see a doctor. Only a professional can personally analyze you and tell if it is serious or not.

That being said, what i can recommend is the ingestion of liquids, to prevent dehydratation. But i'm not a medic.

Even if it isn't serious, better safe than sorry. I really recommend a visit to the doc.

Hug

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The symptoms you descibe could point to any number of things, so you really should seek medical attention as soon as possible. Will you please do that? Even if you don't feel too horrible now, the symptoms could develop or worsen later.

If you are feeling so low that you are taking overdoses of aspirin, you really do need to address the underlying issues too. When you took all of the tablets last night did you actually want to die or did you just want to escape the feelings you were having? Do you know what's making you feel so low?

You really don't need to deal with it alone - there are people who can offer help and support and maybe if you seek medical attention you'll be directed towards some good places for just that.

We're with you too, so please talk to us. (*hug*)

#3 PatrickUK, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe the ringing in ears is a side effect of aspirin overdose. Additionally, the big risk of aspirin overdose is bleeding in the stomach.

I'd call your local poison control center, or if there's an advice line for your healthcare provider (most do have them) and ask them. 10 is probably not life threatening but you should at least call and ask.

5. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I did end up in the hospital Thursday for an overnight visit. I'm fine now, definitely not my best but I'm better at least.

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Watch for blood in your stool and unusual bruising/white spots on the skin.

7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please seek help and support if you reach a really low place like that again. There are lots of people on here who will offer support and I'm more than happy for you to message me if you need to talk or vent. (*hug*)