1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Penis goes limp before/after putting a condom

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Yepi69, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Yepi69

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I never had sex with a guy before and I'm pretty close to have, and I had a condom laying around, I never had sex with a condom before although I've trying wearing one when I was 16 I wanted to be prepared when the big day comes, well so as soon as I opened the condom wrapper and saw the condom, my penis which was really erect quickly went flaccid this disappointed me to no end, eventually I managed to put it up again and attempted to insert the condom, after that the penis kept going limp, what should I do? I don't this kind of embarrassment when the big day arrives.

Thanks in advance (*hug*)

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it can be tough to stay erect when you're putting on a condom, and sometimes even harder once it's on.
    From what I know, it helps to be as erect as possible prior to putting it on, and then put it on as quickly as possible. It shouldn't take too long to just roll it over your penis.

Also, the thickness of the condom can play a part in it. Thinner condoms will be easier to keep an erection with because you can better feel stimulation.

You can always try again now. 16 is a young age to be messing with condoms, so I can imagine it might have been intimidating or unnerving, which could have played a part in your going flaccid so fast.

3. Yepi69

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the reply, actually I'm 19, not 16, I was basically stating I tried inserting a condom when I was 16 (3 years ago) haha, anyways I'm still wondering which ones should I get, I tried inserting but it would hurt afterwards, and was squeezing my girth actually (wasn't hurting that much but ok)

4. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know - you said you were 16 when you had that experience, so I was saying you should try again now, at age 19.

As far as condoms go, they have a sizing label on the back that will tell you what size penis the condom will be a comfortable fit for.
    You might just have to see what works for you.

Also, you said "insert" the condom. You simply mean put the condom over your penis, right? Or am I missing something?

5. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Or maybe will help when your partner put it on for you, as a part of foreplay, I mean. idk

6. Yepi69

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The partner does want it to put it up for me but that makes me feel helpless and less of a man, I'd rather do it on my own

Yes, I trying putting the condom over the penis, although it kinda insert to insert, when it was inserted it kept going limp all the time, and I noticed the condom had a few wrinkles on it.

7. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you have any bad experience with condoms, did you hear something bad about them, or were you told something that would discourage you from using them? I don't know something like real man would never have sex with condom or something like that? Idk why but it seems to me that you subconsciously think that putting a condom on is like putting your penis in tiger's mouth.

8. Yepi69

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually no, I never liked condoms but I always knew it would protect me against STDs and pregnancy and I always knew I would have to use it one day.

9. Yepi69

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any idea on how to prevent this embarrassing moment from happening again?

10. LD579

It might be good to get practice with masturbating with a condom on just so that you can condition your brain to not get weirded out by that piece of latex right over your penis. I'm guessing the problem will go away if you keep at it and try to make the mindset shift from "What is this on my dick?" to "Oh, a condom — that means it's time for sex." Apologies if that was a little blunt. Getting practice with putting one on too might make you more comfortable with the process itself and maybe less nervous as a result, if that was a potential factor.

11. Yepi69

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might be, honestly I have no idea, hmm regardless, I'm thinking of practicing soon but first deciding on which condoms should I get, basically I don't know which ones to get, they're all so different.

12. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just try one out. You can go for name brand stuff - Trojan, Kimono, Durex, etc.
    Try out the 'Thin' ones, and get the size that matches your size.

13. Theron

I, too, recommend masturbating with a condom on. I had to get used to it before I would sleep with my fiance. After a relationship where there was no safe sex, I was extremely lucky to come out of it without HIV or some other STI.