1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM top and bottom surgeries?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by AlexL, Jun 26, 2014.

1. AlexL

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm kinda curious. I've done some reasearch about the different types of surgery an FTM can undergo, and I've read many different opinions about it, and I don't know who and what is really right.
    Some people say that the new organ won't work (penetration I mean) but only in Metoidioplasty, or even in other methods such as Phalloplasty? Is an erectile implants really necessary in every case?
    Also about top surgery, Bilateral surgery is still the best option or Keyhole surgery should be the best one for someone with smaller breasts?
    I know there are no doctors here, but if someone understands about it please give me your opinion :slight_smile:

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Metoidioplasty is generally too small for penetration I think. I'm pretty sure you need the implants for phalloplasty but I could be wrong. And yeah I think keyhole is the best option for smaller chested people because it leaves minimal scarring and is generally cheaper (I THINK this is true but don't hold me to it I could be wrong)

3. AlexL

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn't know keyhole was cheaper, good to know, and thanks for the information!