1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there anyone here affected with ocd or bdd?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Despitelove, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Despitelove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Being isolated and bullied all my life because of my sexual orientation and my skinny body, I think I have developed an anxiety disturbe called ''bdd''. I have obsessive thoughts so I think it's similiar to ocd (obsessive compulsive disorder).

Is there anybody who can tell me I'm not the only one loser who, not only is a homosexual, but has to deal with mental illnesses?

Often I cry withouth a reason. That's what makes me think I'm getting depressed :/

2. Theron

I have depression and anxiety (stemming from PTSD), as well as ADHD and OCD. It's important to find a good therapist, one who doesn't just prescribe pills, one who will also help you learn to cope with other methods. Meds don't teach you survival skills.

3. charmander

Your assumption at OCD and BDD are very similiar things is incorrect. I suggest you research these things. And my other advice is basically a re run of this^^

4. black-cat

I would recommend you tell someone and get help, it will be scary telling someone and taking those steps, but you are strong enough to do it, I'm sure.

I don't have a diagnosis as yet, but it's believed that I have OCD. They are also looking into the possibility of PTSD, though I disagree. (which is kinda ironic as pretty much everyone with ptsd say they don't have it but hey ho)

You are not a loser. You are struggling, and that's okay. It doesn't feel okay at the moment, but it really is :slight_smile:
    Unfortunately a lot of LGBT people struggle with the anxiety and such by the idea of not being "normal" and the hate that is directed towards 'us' as a community. You are not alone, feel free to message me. Stay strong x

5. black-cat

I would recommend you tell someone and get help, it will be scary telling someone and taking those steps, but you are strong enough to do it, I'm sure.

I don't have a diagnosis as yet, but it's believed that I have OCD. They are also looking into the possibility of PTSD, though I disagree. (which is kinda ironic as pretty much everyone with ptsd say they don't have it but hey ho)

You are not a loser. You are struggling, and that's okay. It doesn't feel okay at the moment, but it really is :slight_smile:
    Unfortunately a lot of LGBT people struggle with the anxiety and such by the idea of not being "normal" and the hate that is directed towards 'us' as a community. You are not alone, feel free to message me. Stay strong x

6. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I found out I had OCD...gosh it was like five years ago, back in high school. Intrusive thoughts are the worse though; I really thought that I was losing my mind. Eventually I broke down and asked for help, which is honestly the best thing you can do. OCD is one of the most common mental struggles a person can have and you are definitely not alone.