1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too tired to work out

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by JackAttack, Jun 30, 2014.

1. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Everyday when I finish work I feel really tired even though I work in an office. I can work out at the weekend fine but after work I just feel so tired. I try and push myself but I cant work as well as I do at weekends.

Does anyone have any advice for how to combat this? I dont go to the gym any more, I do a body weight routine that includes pull ups, press ups etc. Could it be that im not getting enough sleep? I cant normal get to sleep until at least 23:00.

2. Mercedes Benz

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, I feel the exact same way. I work a lot of long hours in engineering and I have to push myself to workout after work. I usually get home around 19:00, have a snack workout, shower, dinner then finish up a little more work then off to bed. I don't get to sleep before 23:00 and maybe I am just not sleeping enough. If you find something out please let me know. Sorry I have no answers. Have a great day.

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It happened to me too
    I used to love the gym but either due to poor sleep or depression my physical energy just went down the toilet … sigh

4. Julieno

Well, you may want to consider working out early in the morning.
    It is not easy at the beginning but (at least in my case) you feel more awake at work and end up incorporating it as a healthy routine.

Also getting healthy sugar and vitamins helps me to be less tired so eating fruit is also a good idea (Fruit also have fiber so even the sweeter ones are healthy). Bananas help you to feel more energetic because of potassium helping your neurons. Also if you think you may not be getting enough vitamins you can always go for a multi-vitamin supplement. Also nuts are super energetic so you may want to grab some before the gym (though they have lots of calories so not many)

Hope that helps

5. Gabe92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I agree with the guy above, I find that keeping a healthy diet helps my energy level throughout the day. I also workout in the morning usually before work.

6. Yosia

Instead of working out eat candy, its so much more fun (dont get too fat though) XD

7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do bear in mind that you are trying to exert yourself after a full day at work. It's inevitable that you will not be at your best then. Could you do a more intense routine at the weekend, but something a bit lighter during the week? Surely that would be better than giving up altogether and losing momentum.

As for sleep, the recommendation is 7 to 8 hours per night. If you are getting that, you should be okay.

8. Yosia

Is more than that healthy? I sleep like 11 - 12 hours ^.^

9. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    a healthy diet that helps your energy level regulate might help. also, it's not absolutely necessary to work out every day. 1-3 days off is the best option when it comes to working out. sleep is also important. 7-8 hours a day is recommended

10. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The most recent opinion is that too much sleep can be bad for you too (sorry Kittyy). Probably not as bad as too little sleep though.

11. Theron

I work out in the morning before work, and actually exercising increases endorphins and energizes me for the day ahead as long as my workout isn't excessive.

Home gym ftw.

12. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i have some problem

13. mangotree

I used to have the same problem.
    My biggest afternoon improvement came from adjusting when I eat (rather than what I eat).
    I just experimented a lot until I found a food-routine that that gave me optimal energy at 6pm.
    It's different for everyone as to what to eat and when though.

Just another option in addition to all the great advice that everyone else has given.

Peace! (*hug*)