1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Periods

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by SamThes, Jul 8, 2014.

1. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So yeah... Mine aren't normal. They last 7-10 days, aren't exactly what I'd call regular (my cycle has lasted anywhere from 30 days to 75 days), and I get really pissed at the world for a whole week leading up to them. Also, I'm trans*, so I don't want them at all to begin with, but I'm not sure yet if I'm going to do testosterone. So my question is, should I go on birth control? And are there any other ways of handling this stupid time of the month that I hate so much? Thanks.

2. PotatoSmuggler

I personally wouldn't go on birth control because a) the majority of them can cause blood clots and mood swings and all sorts of unpleasent shit and b) I've heard i can make your breasts grow which sounds like a fucking nightmare. Mine are 3-7 days every 2-3 weeks so I feel your pain. You could try some natural mood stabilizers like St. John's Wart or something for the grumpiness. I handle mine by working out, which always puts me in a better mood for some reason. Also menstrual cups are lifesavers (for me at least).

3. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

If you are finding them to be a huge problem, birth control could be an option. It all depends on which brand you try. There are lots out there. Yes there can be side effects but why not just try it and see. I was on them for seven years and never had any problems. It was nice to know exactly when it would come and when it stopped. If you don't want to take the pills then try exercising regularly and eating healthy.