1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pads vs tampons ?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by stocking, Jul 9, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is a bit embarrassing regarding my age , but how do you use a tampon , I was never allowed to buy tampons as a teen and my mother told me they are painful and hurt when putting them in and they can damage your vagina and stuff like that but I want to use it sometimes but I don't know how to put one in my vagina . Please help :help:
    I'm not on my period right now but I'm going to prepare before the next one .

2. IJustWantToLove

A Guide to Using Your First Tampon

Take a look at that, that explains pretty much everything. I don't know about that whole applicator thing, I've never had tampons like that... If the tampons don't have an applicator, push it in with your clean!!! finger.
    Hope that helps =)

3. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Usually if you buy a box they have directions of how to put them in and anything else you need to know. At least the playtex ones do. And as long as you put it in right and all the way then you shouldn't be able to even know it's there.

4. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah just follow the instructions in box. If you're just starting out you'd be better off using applicator tampons as they're much easier to insert. You can use some water-based vaginal lubricant with an applicator one as well if you think you need it.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks girls It's just as easy to get it out right ?

6. IJustWantToLove

Yeah, just make sure the string is right when you insert it, then you won't have any trouble getting it out.

7. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It i pretty easy to insert and remove. If it not "full" then it can be a little tricky to remove, that is why you should try and see what size works the best with your flow. You really should not use one for more than 8 hours. I am guilty of longer sometimes, but that is really not a smart idea. The sizes are light, regular, super, super plus and ultra. It can feel awkward the first feel times or if it is not insert right or far enough. If it hurts remove it and try with a new one. Another tip, depending on the sewer system you have you might not be able to flush them, if that is the case simply dispose of them as you would a pad.

I only ever use tampons and pantyliners, pads make me feel so uncomfortable.

8. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Should be easy to pull out. But if it feels difficult just twirl the string around your fingertip to get a better grip.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ok :slight_smile:

10. Also, it's important to relax as much as possible. If you're nervous and clenching, getting tampons in and out can be uncomfortable and rather more difficult than it needs to be. Just make sure you're breathing and try and relax all your muscles and you should be fine. :slight_smile:

11. DancingGirl

I know you are thinking about tampons. I am here to discourage you. Tampons are bad for your vagina. If you dont want to use pads I highly recommend checking into menstral cups. There is alot of good info about them online. Much safer. Better for your body and better for the environment. And only costs about $30 a year. I apologize if this was unwanted info but some gals dont know they have other options.

12. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i think i might have a issue reading all this still freaks me out about tampons i just have not ever been able to use them right

how many doctors should i get

fourteen? fifteen??

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have a heavy flow so maybe I might need super ?:confused:
    also the cups sound interesting i'll think about them

14. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For heavy flows I would recommend super or super plus, especially the first few days. I normally start on supers and jump up to ultras and then work my way back down.

15. DancingGirl

When I started using my cup my flow was pretty heavy. Over time my flow has lightened. I did some research and there there are some studies saying chemicals from pads and tampons could be causing the heavier flow in women. I really like using mine. It takes some time to get used to but it you never have really used tampons this might be the way to go. I trust it so much I will be encouraging my two daughters to use them when they start menstrating. Good luck.

16. the gypsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just bleed straight through down to my ankles. No force on this Earth can hold back my mighty, Vesuvian flow.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

To be serious, however, it stands to reason that tampons wouldn't be healthy for the female reproductive system. It's expelling something, so it naturally needs to come out. I can only corroborate what DancingGirl has said; Female members of my family have had health problems with tampons in the past. Being the only boy in a clambake means you hear a lot about such things.

Best of luck.