1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grooming your....beard.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Bolt35, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    does anyone know any good products or ideas of how to groom your bread well? i'm somewhat having a hard time now after 10 damn years.... it just grows back full in less then two weeks, it's insane!

2. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can only wish to have such beard growing abilities!

I've tried for months now to grow a proper beard (trying to look a bit more mature!), but it doesn't happen - way too wispy, light and the colour doesn't show at all.
    I went back to clean shaven just this week actually (although I kept my somewhat average sides) and the fact nobody has said anything pretty much sums it up, they haven't even noticed!

Anyway, that's absolutely no help to you at all really is it...I haven't personally used many products for obvious reasons, but I know someone who regulates his beard plenty enough and tends to stick to Bluebeard's products. Link

For trimming etc, just a regular beard trimmer or scissors (probably best to get a good pair designed for the job though!) should do the job. It's more a case of knowing how to use it properly is what requires the thought!

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks. it's better to start off somewhere, so i'd like to think. yea mine is extremely noticeable. my beard becomes red if i let it grow a bit longer.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Normally I groom my bread with butter or jam. :slight_smile:

My beard, on the other hand... when I had one, I got one of those basic beard trimmers (the plug-in kind, not the battery operated ones) and it did a really nice job. A lot depends on your own level of tolerance and how fast your beard grows, but I could go a month between trimming and still have it look decent. If I wanted it super tidy, then it would have to be probably once a week.

5. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    really? thanks, i think i might give it a try to see how it goes, i definitely like to keep my beard, just don't really know how to approach this kind of stuff haha.

6. ABeautifulMind

OMG my beard is red too.

I actually frequently get called a half-ginger because of it. They are always joking, but it gets old. I can literally see a line, relatively sharp, where the hair on my head and the red beard meet. its fucking weird.

I once had a friend tell me he would pay 500$ to grow a beard like mine. He is younger than me, I told him give it a few years.

7. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HAHA well i rather be called a ginger then for people to say that i dye my hair. which in NOOOOOO way i would, even though i've considered it, i just can't see it. i've had older guys come up to me and say " how the hell can that be possible!"

8. Greeley

I can't grow a fulll beard, but i can kind of grow a "chin-strap" and a moustache. (seen in my albums) and i just use a trimmer that is 5cm. I put it up 0.5cm every trim.

9. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HAHA you're pretty lucky! mine just grows a whole forest, haha. is it a regular trimmer?