1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who cares

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by greg, Apr 21, 2007.

1. greg

i would like to know what is the big taboo about suicide, so what if some fucking poof decides to kill themselves who realy cares, all this talk about the gay community well this so called fucking community hasnt come along to save me and it wont because all of us gays are so wrapped up in telling ourselves and the rest of the world how happy and proud we are what a load of crap well i dont give a toss about us any more

2. Blamblazer

Blamblazer Guest

First, I care. Does that mean that I'll jump in my car and be at your doorstep to give you a hug when you need it -- no. That's not the only kind of caring and that's not my style. What it means is that I would miss you if you were gone and I genuinely want your life to continue. It means I would cry for you if you were gone -- cry for the life that you could have continued in.

Second, the big thing with suicide is that if each person gets only one life to live (the Judao-Christo-Muslim model) then ending that life before God or nature says it's time would be wasting or forfeiting precious life. That, assuming you believe life to be inherently good and precious, would be an evil act. That's why not suicide and why it's such a "taboo".

Third, having been at one point suicidal myself and having come back from the brink of hell -- I can tell you that it's not a natural response to the human condition to abandon life entirely -- it's basically a self-preservation mechanism that gets quite twisted into a paradoxical solution by the person telling themselves lies about the outcome. Having also counselled someone away from slashing their wrists, I can tell you that there's nothing like helping someone through that to make you realize why you should live your life.

Fourth, as far as the gay community is concerned -- fuck 'em if they've abandoned you; however, pride in being gay is about breaking down the shame that many have felt over being gay. Telling the world we are all happy and "gay sunshine day" is a generalization and also a PR campaign. Human beings have problems, we struggle; life isn't easy but that doesn't mean we have to be mopey about our sexuality or about anything else if we choose to put on a good face. I'd like to ask that you not give up on the community yet -- just realize that your expectations of the community may not be in line with the what the community can do for you and see if you can reconcile these two things.

Know that you are loved because you are a person -- unique -- and that that will deepen and grow the more you are part of the community and the more that you make connections in this network. Our level of caring for you will intensify as you spend more time with the community.

Peace,

Derek J.

3. Jim1454

Hey Greg! We chatted just a few hours ago! And damn it anyway - I'd care!

Your kids would care! Your friends that you are staying with would care! Your co-workers would care! The people here that are all about helping each other through our own personal struggles would ALL CARE!

I know it's tough right now. I've been to the brink and back to! It can get better, and it will. You'd be amazed with how effective taking a little step forward can lift your spirits when you didn't think they could be lifted. Do something for you! And one of the most important things you can do right now is to spend time with people that care about you and try to see the world not from your vantage point but from theirs. There are lots of good things to look forward to and be thankful for if you just stop and look for them.

I wish I could do more.

Your friend, Jim.

4. xxAngelOnFirexx

I find it very offensive that you would dare to think that no one would care if someone killed themselves. I've tried so many times i can no longer count. I've been to the hospital, the whole experiance and i'm back from the dead feelings that i was stuck adn controled by. I'm better finally. But one thing i learned most of all through the whole horrifying experience is that people DO CARE!!!!!!! Family cares, friends you thought you didn't have cares, nieghbors care, family friends care, people you only know over the internet even care! I'm not sure that you are talking about yourself or just talking about people who are suicidal. But I just can't believe you would think that NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON would care about ONE person dying. THEY DO! How many times do i have to say it? I don't know how many times it would take me so i'll just keep saying it. Look just because you think that no one is jumping out of windows for you, doesn't mean that they wouldn't care. I met this dude online and we tlaked only for three days. when i told him that i was going to kill myself. he started cutting himself (he had that as a problem already but the fact that he did it cause of me was a shock). People would and are helping you the only way they can. Maybe you just aren't letting them! You can't be to self-centered either to think taht the whole world should sop just because you are in a mood. They'd care if you died alright, but you must remember that others have lives. They will help you when they need it, but not everyone is your 24 hour helpline! I found that out too, but i realised that everyone was already helping me as much as they can. I'm not going to rant at you anylonger but i just want you to understand that people are helping youy AND they do care!

5. greg

thankyou for all your replies i understand sort of what you say but i dont seem to be able to overcome a mental block. maybe i came out when i wasnt ready but at that time i felt i had no other option my mind was spinning and yet when i finaly told the world i felt like a great weight had been lifted. i sit and think about myself and all i can see is negatives like i lived a lie for so long because i was weak i didnt have the guts to face up to myself i am still full of doubt where do i fit in i dont feel like i belong, who am i am i me or is it a dream i feel numb most times i wish someone could just get into my head and unscamble all the wires. last night was the end i got drunk and i broke down and i drove to a friends house and just cried and cried saying i cant do this anymore i dont understand why i am feeling this way when on reflection i do have good friends that support me but i hold things inside because i dont want to burden any one but last night it was to much. i ve stated my beliefs on suicide probably because i dont have a lot of respect for myself, friend last night asked me if i loved myself, i couldnt say yes because i dont. i dont want to die but i dont want to keep living with my head messed up, how do i stop feeling this way what do i need to do, i dont know, all i know is that i want answers but i dont know what the questions are, i am feeling a bit better today but i know that i am going to continue to have these episodes and i want it to stop, has any body else had feelings like this or is it just me? greg