1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Circumcision and erections

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by pbateman, Jul 14, 2014.

1. pbateman

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I was circumcised when I was 15, 10 years ago. When I masturbate it takes a long time for me to ejaculate. When a girl does it to me, or performs oral, it takes a long time for me to ejaculate. If I dry hump it's usually quicker. However if I stop myself from ejaculating when dry humping and carry on, it takes a long time again.

Is this normal?

2. HIL91025

You mean it takes a long time to ejaculate in relation to when you were 15, i.e. pre-circumcision? If so, it's simply because the skin on your glans (head of the penis covered by the foreskin) becomes thicker to accommodate the lack of support it used to receive from the foreskin. This desensitises the head of the penis so may lead to being able to last longer during sexual intercourse and sexual contact. I hope that helps. It is nothing to worry about and is perfectly normal. Does that answer your question? :slight_smile:

3. Gen

Gen

Not to discredit the input of HIL91025; however, the length of time needed for sexual activity as an early teen is naturally going to increase with each passing year. There are a large amount of men who find that they need to put a noticeable amount of effort into ejaculating from anything other than intercourse.

While it is true that the skin is exposed to more abrasion after the removal of the foreskin differences in sensitivity should be minimal, with the exception of special circumstances.

4. pbateman

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for the replies.

I can't really compare to pre-circumcision due to the reason for my circumcision was extra foreskin getting in the way of masturbation. Basically, it was difficult for me to do so.

I realise that I'm not AS sensitive in comparison to when I had foreskin, but still, I last a long time. Sometimes, I feel awkward when a girl is doing it to me and I take like 20mins+ for me to ejaculate, which is why I was wondering if it's normal.

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What we seek is orgasm, and not ejaculation per se, right? They are actually not one and the same thing. It is possible, with some training and practice, to learn how to experience orgasmic pleasure, but to draw that sensation upwards into the body at the point when orgasm is just beginning to expand, rather than 'going all the way' to ejaculation. Why I think this might help you, is because I'm finding, that the longer I go without ejaculating, the more I feel during sexual stimulation, and the better the journey towards orgasm gets, to the point where I currently hardly ejaculate at all, and I don't miss it or feel unsatisfied that I don't. Of course it has taken a bit of work to get to this stage, but it has been worth every bit of effort, and has enhanced my sexual life immensely. Anyway just thought I ought to tell you, cos I don't want to know what I know, and not share it with others, because it has helped me so much. Essentially, can we have fulfilling sex with no ejaculation? Yes...in fact, I am currently having the best sex of my life, and I don't even have a partner at present. It feels so good to get more and more sensitive to the flow of sexual energy in the body, although it is much milder than what I used to have, still I have come to prefer my many very mild 'mini-orgasms' during a session, to just one 'biggie' at the end.
    Damien.

#5 Damien, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014