1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NSFW: Fearful for my life

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GagasUnicorn, Jul 18, 2014.

1. GagasUnicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm going to make this long story short:

I had sex with a male 2 years ago (I was 17 now 19)

• First time he used a condom, lube and all that other stuff
    • second he used a condom, lube, everything went well
    • third time he couldn't really fit it in me so he just gave me oral including on my bum
    • fourth time he tried to bareback...at that time i lacked knowledge of how risky it was. He didn't go far though. He attempted at least twice until my anus started bleeding a bit. Keep in mind not his entire penis was inserted into my anus successfully

from that day on i never talked to him. I remember that day i kept cleaning my area and took multiple showers, wiped, etc

it wasn't until May of 2014 I realized that I should get tested because during the month of may it was sex-ed month at School and since then I've been freaking out. I plan to get tested around some time this month or next month. I've done research online to see if I've catched any symptoms and I believe I have not...I'm not sure. I just get panic attacks and sweat often just by thinking about getting tested and getting results i dont want to get :frowning2: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

i was i was more educated back when i was 17...i have no idea what to think/do now :tears:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only way to put your mind at ease is to get tested, and the sooner the better, not because the risk is high, but you run the other risk of increasing anxiety and fear by not addressing your concern.

That you had no symptoms following the risk-event is a good sign and should encourage you to go ahead. The best testing places are those that have counselling before and after, share your fears, acknowledge them, don't try to hide them, but set them aside and consider that your peace of mind whatever the outcome is far better than what you are enduring now.

Everyone, gay or straight, should get tested regularly, this is part of what being sexually active is all about. Your health, and this includes your mental health, should be your top priority.

3. Hyaline

^^^^^^THIS!!!!

At 17 many of us made similar mistakes, you aren't the first and won't be the last. If you haven't had any symptoms, odds are you are fine. But the only way to know for sure is to get tested. You can do so anonymously if desired.

Hang in there!!! Get tested! Once that load is lifted off your shoulders, you will feel better!!

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dude, I get it. My fwb and I used condoms at all times with penetration, but it ended up breaking one time(this was 2001). I got so upset and worried that I had AIDS for the longest time. It made my anxiety very very bad. I waited until 2010 to get tested-was negative. By this time, my HIV/AIDS phobia was full kilter, so much so that I had to get tested again this year because I didn't believe the results. Look in your area for a free clinic. Try to find information at your local LGBT center. It may sound cliche, but you cannot put a price on peace of mind.

5. GagasUnicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You guys are honestly thee most amazing people thank you for your time and advice! it seriously means a lot to me <3

6. Hartofgold

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hope youre ok!

7. GagasUnicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Back from break.

Went to the clinic and they charge $45 :frowning2: I have no money. And all the other places are so far.

I really hope I haven't carried any STDs for years being unaware :'( :frowning2:

8. GagasUnicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have money for it now (about $200) but it just makes me mad that they charge you...why cant they be free? smh

9. Hiems

Do you attend a university or college? Some of them might allow for free HIV testing. At least at my university, this service is offered for free occasionally.

Testing might be cheaper at other places. For instance, my doc's office would have charged me ~$200 for a varicella titer. On the other hand, the lab at my local hospital charged me only $20.

Check multiple places before spending the $200.

10. Hopefilled

Many areas have "Free Clinics" with Zero Cost care if you meet guidelines. Some areas also have Sliding Scale programs where you pay according to ability. However it gets paid- get it done.

Do note my intent as you getting tested ASAP. Be well and safe.

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nearly everywhere has free STI testing. I'd try your local Planned Parenthood or county health office, or call your local LGBT center.

That said, from what you have described, the time your partner barebacked, he only partially penetrated, and it sounds like he did not ejaculate and I'm guessing he wasn't close to ejaculation. If that's the case, then the risk is pretty low. You're smart to be careful, and from this point on out, you'll know. Just take this as a lesson that fortunately didn't have much impact on you for the future.

12. GagasUnicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It was a part of the head that going in me...but it hardly went in. Then I remember a bit of bleeding. I think I'll have to wait til Gay Pride over summer because I just moved to a new area and I'm pretty far from clinics and such ://

13. Wildside

Wildside Guest

14. GagasUnicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry for the bump.

*sigh*

so I didn't go to gay pride to get tested. I had to leave with my family to move to a different area and there are no clinics around. The closest one is about an hour and a half from here :frowning2:

I'm so sorry you guys. I'm still unsure and scared.

edit:
    I'll revise what i said in the OP

the fourth time we attempted to have sex he tried to insert his penis in me but failed because he didn't use lube and if I remembered, he licked me a few times. After at least attempting twice he failed. I remember his penis not going in me, like, at all. Then I remember it hurting then I was bleeding a little bit.

#14 GagasUnicorn, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015