1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nose and throat are burning

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by spencer, Aug 31, 2008.

1. spencer

spencer Guest

For the past couple of days after school there has been an odor in the hallways. I can’t smell it but other people say that they can smell something. When you breathe it in your nose and throat start burning.

Any ideas what it could be?

2. Vampyrecat

It could be anything, but if it is making your nose and throat feel like they are burning, that suggests that it is a toxic fume (gas, ethylene, carbon monoxide (car fumes)) and that poses a health and safety risk to you.
    I highly recommend you tell the school authorities about this and that you avoid the hallways affected.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yes, you definitely need to tell school authorities so they can have it checked out! It could be anything!

4. panda

I once made chlorine gas in chemistry class and emptied the classroom

5. spencer

spencer Guest

Everyone has been complaining to the teachers about it, but by the time they get around to checking it out the smell is gone. I don’t know if it is some prank or something more serious. There has already been, well almost has been a bomb threat at the school. Let me explain. There was this guy who graduated last year; his girlfriend broke up with him so he made pipe bomb to impress her. He got pulled over by the cops and they found it in his car and he was arrested. His friends and the friends of his ex-girlfriend say he wouldn’t have used it and he just made it to impress her. They can say what they want; I still think we (the school) dodged a bullet.

6. unouxx3me

unouxx3me Guest

I agree about dodging a bullet there, but don't you have hall monitors? If you do, you could request to the higher ups for one to stay in that hall at all times to catch that scent and see if it is a kid pulling a prank/playing a joke or if seriously something dangerous to your and everyone else in your school's health.

7. spencer

spencer Guest

We don’t have hall monitors at my school; if we did there would be no reasons for them to be in that part of the school because there are no class rooms there. The teachers and the cop that the school hired are too lazy to go check it out.