1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anorexia Support Thread

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GayTeen, Jul 19, 2014.

1. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I decided that there should be a thread just for those (like me) who suffer from anorexia or any other eating disorder to come and find support and community.

I probably won't be posting here much due to being busy, but I'd love to see this thread succeed at supporting others with these issues.

Much love! (*hug*)

2. BelleFromHell

I've been borderline anorexic for 2 years. Glad to see someone has made a thread so we can all talk. :slight_smile:

3. Acm

Acm Guest

I think I might be anorexic. My problem doesn't seem as serious as some people though but it's gotten a lot worse recently

4. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. disneyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to have a major anorexia problem. I was a chubby little kid but around puberty I started to lose weight and model. I was a gymnast and a cheerleader so there was pressure to be thin and stuff. I became obsessed with looking perfect but my coach figured it out pretty quickly and put a stop to it.

6. Yosia

I am overly obsessed with how i look and i have anorexic and bulimic moments quite often.

7. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to have anorexia on and off. I think it started when I was around 9-11 and ending when I was 19. I think the reason I had it was due to being trans and not knowing how to properly deal with it. I hope I won't ever fall back into it again.

8. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh God... mine has escalated quickly these past few days. I have restricted my diet to under 500 calories a day and now suffer from constant headaches and pains. But all eating does is make me miserable and sick. I don't know what to do now.

9. Nekokoneko

Out Status:
    Some people
    About two years ago I became very sick. At the time I was slightly overweight but nothing serious. Because of the illness I couldn't eat very much and the weight started to drop off at an alarming rate. The doctors decided it was stress-induced but the weight loss never stopped.

I became obsessed with how much I weighed and how I looked and what I was eating. It was borderline anorexia. I never had the exercise compulsion so it was diagnosed as like an "at risk" sort of category. I told this to my therapist and my parents at the time, but they told me I was lying and that I couldn't have understood the doctor correctly. Meanwhile I was in and out of the hospital every few weeks for migraine headaches and fainting. My hair started to fall out. Clearly I stopped seeing that therapist (for this and other reasons) and I never brought it up again.

I went away to study abroad for a year, and while I still have some bad thought days, I can mostly make myself get through them. I'm jusssst above the unhealthy line on the charts so I guess that's better than before. In school they tell you about how dangerous it is and stuff and I never thought I'd be someone to develop an ED. But I guess looking back, I have a history of depression and anxiety and it just took one thing to push me over the edge. But I think I'm going to be okay. I'm going to keep trying my very best at least.