1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ocd

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Biboy1995, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Biboy1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have OCD and since moving in with my boyfriend it has gotten worse for example if he makes the bed I will go in and remake it even if it looks the same or hover the whole flat because he's drop something and he dosent say anything about it I know he gets annoyed but I did tell him before I moved in I was just wonder how people here deal with it or thier partners

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    have you tried medication or just asking your boyfriend to let you arrange things to your liking?

3. Biboy1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No haven't tried medication. And I have tried telling him but he just dose it out of habit and then when I do it or move something that is out of place I can tell he is abit annoyed

4. Hyaline

You'll probably have to work with him on it. When I deal with people that are OCD, I just let them do their thing. You might need to work out chores with him. The problem with dealing with someone with OCD (from the non OCD standpoint) is that it feels like you are redoing something because we didn't do it well enough the first time. You'll need to explain that this isn't the case. Otherwise, it seems like you are just being a dick and constantly following him around cleaning up after him.

Meds can help too. And possibly counseling.. but being honest and open with him is the first step. if he can learn to understand what you are going through, then he can probably work with you rather than against you...

5. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Medication knocked my OCD levels down a ton.