1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair Coming Out

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by KayJay, Jul 21, 2014.

1. KayJay

Since my hair has been getting longer I have had lots of it just sort of coming out. I generally shower every other day and when I am washing my hair and running the shampoo through it, I get quite a lot of strands stuck all in my fingers. It happens every single time I shower. When I had short hair it didn't seem to happen and if it did I suppose I never noticed because the hair was too short to get all tangled in my fingers.

I am kind of scared that I am going to lose my hair eventually. This has been happening for months. My hair actually doesn't seem any less thick though which is weird. My brother said it may be stress and to be honest if it is I think I am in trouble because I can't see a point in my life where I won't feel stressed.

I am going to see my doctor on Wednesday (not specifically about this) and I will mention it to him and see what he thinks. Does anyone else experience the same thing?

2. Yosia

Do you brush it a lot or heat-style it? Mine used to when it was really long and is starting too a little bit now too. Its quite normal from what i have seen, it happens to my mum and my friend too.

3. KayJay

I actually never brush it. I use a blow drying to just dry it really fast, the whole process maybe takes 30 seconds or even less. It is comforting to hear it happens to others.

4. Notsoshure

I think it is normal for long hair.
    I have had long hair most of My life, and believe me i hated showering, it took lots of time drying My hair and i got hair everywhere.
    That was The thing i immediatly noticed when i cut My hair short, no hair everywhere!
    I still loose hair, but i dont notice it i guess. It is normal to loose hair, we do that all the time.
    From My experience you just notice it more when you have long hair. I dont think it is anything to worry about at all.

5. ForAlgea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stress could be a factor in this, but it could just be normal causes. First of all long hair just naturally falls out more than short hair so if it isn't a big difference you shouldn't worry. If your hair is falling out in the shower it is because wet hair is frailer than dry hair. If it is tangled when your washing your hair it will break when you run your fingers through it. Also your hair is curly (assuming that the picture is of you) and curly hair tends to break more than straight hair (and that might have been harder to notice with short, curly hair). My sister and myself (when I was still dressing as a girl) both had a similar problem. I don't know what your funds are like but I would suggest some sort of karatin based leave in treatment to strengthen your hair.