1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Thirst?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tim, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Well, after talking to Tez, decided to post in here for a query.

For those who read my post about my horrible feeling, I've been sick, and I thought I was becoming dehydrated. I'm dizzy, physically weak, etc. I've been trying to get liquids down, but the last few days, it has slipped my mind to do so, which I noticed when I woke up today and I didn't have to pee. That's not normal, at least for me. So I was wondering: Can Lack of Thirst be a sympton of something that may cause dehydration? As even though I've barely drank anything (I think I had a sip of water yesterday) in a few days, I'm still not thirsty. My brain isn't even telling me I'm not drinking, so like I said, I didn't really notice it. I'm gonna start drinking now though, even though I'm not thirsty, just because rather not have to go to the emergency room...

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yes, not drinking enough can cause dehydration. In fact, I would force yourself to drink. The more you drink the thirstier you will get. Ending up in the hospital on an IV isn't any fun. So drink, drink, drink!

3. Alex

You really can't drink too much unless it is extremely much!
    So Drink, i say like 2 glasses an hour, and go to the toilet as soon as you feel like you need it.

4. -Michael-

8 pints a day :wink:

5. Alexander

I ALWAYS drink at least a gallon of water every day.

6. unouxx3me

unouxx3me Guest

I completely agree. Being in the hospital because you're so dehydrated your body is using water from vital organs to sustain itself. Make a conscious effort to always have a drink by your side and every few minutes drink some...even if it is just a sip (for me, straws end up making it easier for me to drink a lot). Not drinking can cause SERIOUS issues, so please please drink more!(*hug*)