1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ear gauging/streching

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Apr 22, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

Is anyone else here gauging/streching their ears? i was just wondering if we could share some advice, because I know some stuff about gauging, but I am interested in learning more (mostly stuff from experience not just what some web pages say). I'm at a size 2g in the first peircing, just forced a 6g in the second, and my cartilage is at a 14g. Is anyone else having problems with extreme pain when trying to go up a gauge? I don't know if i'm just gauging them wrong, too fast, or what, but i always get extreme pain when using a taper. Anyone else in the same boat or could offer any advice? :eusa_doh:

2. Micah

I don't know a lot about ear gauging, but I would definitely talk to someone in a body piercing shop if it's hurting.

3. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i have my left ear pierced with an earring. my 13yo bro also has an earring and my 10yo bro wants one. i havent heard of ear gauging either.

4. Kimi

I know it's gonna hurt if you put a big one at very first. I think you should strech your ear's pierce hole slowly by smaller one.
    I don't know if it's gonna hurt even you are doing it slowly with small one though.

But don't strech your ear too much I saw a tv show about this guy who wears huge pierced earring and it was too big for his ear so he had to have a surgery due to hold his ear(His ear was about to snap) and it was not cute at all:eusa_sick

5. Hi
    My ears are at 12g (going to 2g or 4g!) and my lip at 14g! the only time my ears hurt or bled is when i went from a 16g to a 14g on my ears and when i had to regauge my lip from 16 to 14 (pain....half hour worth) however, i do know that most people, especially as they go from say a 14g to 12g or to 10g, etc, will experience more pain. GO SLOW! when you put them in! I like to swab the new earring with alcohol first and wash the piercing a bit before changing. you might want to try antibacterial spray (like Bactine, which is also a lite anesthetic i believe)! hope this helps you. the internet has a ton of helpful articles if you need more information. consulting a doctor if you see any sign of infection or prolonged pain is a good idea too!:thumbsup:

6. xxAngelOnFirexx

this is sooooo old. my ears have been gauged for over 6months. perfectly fine and healthly now...

7. xxAngelOnFirexx

i'm a pro at gaugeing now. i'm helping my best friend, and other people gauge now. i'm going to become a professional peircer when i'm out of HS. ask me anything if you got questions.

8. lol....Sorry! i probably should look at dates first! got a little too excited about something i knew about and enjoy! Glad to know that everything is okay :slight_smile: and that you have chosen to go into piercing!