1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone had Scabies before?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Budweiser, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Budweiser

I have scabies for the first time. To my dismay, they are not going away so easily. I had a treatment idea I thought might work.

I do not want to ruin my stuff by washing it in hot water, so I'm setting aside certain cloths and bedding to be worn and washed every single day and just leaving everything else in the corner of a room and in the closet for 4 days.

I don't trust vacuuming to actually remove the bugs off furniture, instead I taped a big trash bag over the 1 couch I sit on and over my car seat and not sitting on other things, I'll leave the trash bags for 4 days.

Does this sound like a good alternative to hot washing/vacuuming everything?

Thanks!

2. hip2hop

Out Status:
    Some people
    If you have a rash you should go see your doctor. They will give you a medicated type of cream to get rid of it.

Scabies are hard to get rid of the only thing that will kill them is to wash everything clothes, bedding, etc. in hot water and drying them using the hottest setting possible. Vacuuming is also important it will help a lot. For the stuff you are concerned about you should stick them in a bag and leave it for a few days to help kill them. Until the scabies are all gone you will have to continually wash your things everyday.

You can also try Simple Green or Detol which are heavy duty germ/virus/bacteria/parasite killers; and wash all your furniture off.