1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NO Time to Be Sick! (sort of gross)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by xballetxbeautyx, Sep 5, 2008.

1. First off, I WILL go to the doctor in a few days if I don't get better. I promise. But right now, I'm hoping to postpone or maybe even not need to do that.

There are two things going on, and the first doesn't matter unless it's causing the second. So, thing number 1 is that I have a sore in my ear. Not in the ear canal part, but in the little bowl-shaped part. It seemed like a pimple at first and then it got bigger and stared hurting more. It's warmer than the same place on my other ear, and I think it could be infected. I squeezed it today (SORRY SORRY GROSS GROSS) and A LOT of stuff came out. Like a pimple, but, like, six times as much stuff. Then it bled for a while and now it's stopped, and the bump is nearly gone.

The second thing is that I feel sort of flu-y. Not terrible, I mean, I can function normally, but not 100%. It started at lunch today, when I had a random spasm of pain in my stomach, and then started feeling slightly sick. It went off and on all day, and my arms started feeling strange. Like sort of achy and all shaky, like... well, like the flu. I had a headache off and on all day too. And right now I'm feeling sort of warm.

My life right now is crazy. Dance starts in a few days, I have an English project due on Monday, I'm taking two high school classes so missing school isn't an option, I've got a harp gig in 3 weeks that I'm SO not ready for, and I'm hanging out with friends both days this weekend. (Okay, so that last one's not really important, but it is to me.) I CANNOT get sick. If I go to the doctor, I have to wait 24 hours before doing anything- that's one of my mom's strict mom-rules. So I want to get rid of this on my own.

I realise that if I'm really sick, I'll eventually have to go to the doctor. But if the sore in my ear is infected, could that be causing me to be all fevery and such? And, if it is, would squeezing it today make it go away? (It seemed like it did- the swelling's gone down and it doesn't hurt anymore.) Anything I can do to make this go away. Would putting peroxide on it help? I know it would hurt like a bitch, but would it help? And if it's not the ear thing, I'm pretty sure it's nothing serious, maybe a cold or a little flu. What can I do at home to make that go away (without being too obvious to my mom, who will, of course, make me go to the doctor)?

Sorry for the length. PLEASE help. ~megan~

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I won't speak to your specific health concerns, but I'll tell you this. Cancel your plans Saturday, and spend the day in bed resting. I know - it stinks, you want to hang out with your friends, but trust me on this one. The flu symptoms are probably due to your body working on fighting off this infection, and it's starting to take its toll. Let your body do its thing. And it does it best when you're not up running around with your friends. It does it best when you give it plenty of rest, plenty of liquids, and as much time as you can. Sunday, you might feel better enough to resume "hang out" mode, you may not, but I'd heartily recommend skipping Saturday at least.

Lex

3. Gumtree

I agree with Lex! You need to set priotities, social life or your own wellbeing?

I suspect what you had on your ear was a boil. Not a super big deal and they go away once you squeeze them. Flu-like symtoms, strange sensations in the limbs and random pains in the bowls could be minor septicemia (blood poisoning) caused by the infectious bacteria in the boil, septecemia is a high risk factor from boils if they are squeezed at the wrong time or are not cleaned properly. The severity of blood poisoning can vary from bearly noticeable to life threatening, and it can change quite rapidly. I suggest you see a doctor ASAP.

In the mean time, even if it is just a flu plenty of water and vitamin C, iron and vitamin B's will help.

I added THIS link incase you wanted to know more.

#3 Gumtree, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  4. Dazed

Dazed Guest

my brother gets those bumps on his ear...im not sure why.
    do you have a fever?
    and not to get to personal...but could it be your "time of the month"?
    i know my friend gets real sick when she has hers.

5. Septicemia? Didn't the guy in Atonement DIE from that?

I'm feeling better now, my headache and that strange arm feeling thing are gone, and I ate a HUGE dinner at Bo Ling's and my stomach is fine. I did put some peroxide on what's left of the spot on my ear (just a teeny little scab) and I'm going to bed and hopefully sleeping in. Thank you guys so much! ~megan~

PS: No, I don't think it's my "time of the month," I just finished. Then again, I'm on the pill so who knows. It starts and stops randomly whenever it feels like it.

6. Gumtree

LoL well I now officially feel like a true Drama Queen. :/