1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with masturbation

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Minnie, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Minnie

(I know, another one...)

I find I get into a bit of a habit when I masturbate. I know what I'm going to feel physically and know I'll feel somewhat unsatisfied. Is there a way to clear your mind and try it a new way (almost like for the first time)? I guess I want it to control me than the other way around to make it more pleasurable mentally.

2. mangotree

I'm guessing your habit involves doing it in a certain place.
    Perhaps try doing it somewhere else and go from there.
    It only takes one small change in the routine to break the link in the habit loop.

In terms of clearing the mind, there's no better way than meditation. It's relatively easy to learn and there's plenty of youtube videos and free podcasts (as well as books and audio books that you buy) out there that instruct you on how.

3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is possible to get into a kind of 'rut' where it doesn't feel all that satisfying as you'd hoped.

Some suggestions: Often, one might have the fear of being heard/discovered, or just a feeling that there isn't enough privacy to really let loose. Try to find a time/place when nobody is around, and really throw yourself into it. I read in a few places that it helps to move the hips, and really get into it, as opposed to just using the hands.

Try some new things, a toy perhaps, or some other things you may have fantasized about, and wanted to try, that you can do solo.

Try to think about your fantasies as a form of meditation. Picture the scene, the way it would look, smell, taste, feel, sound. Let your imagination go, and crowd out other thoughts by guiding your 'images' to create your own world to which you escape.

For me, exploring some of my fantasies/fetishes was a big help, and lent a lot more variety...I like things like cos-play, and such, so even silly things like wearing a collar and leash and pretending I was somebody's 'pet' to use made me really excited, but everyone has different fantasies...me, I tend towards the submissive.

Another one was to picture a person I'd seen, and had a crush on, or just found attractive, and then think about them while I did it, as if we were friends...sounds silly, but it did help.

Well, hopefully some of this advice will be useful,

have fun and be creative,

H. Pup

4. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes

5. RedFireFly

I guess you could sit on your hand until it falls asleep, and then pretend your crush/a hot person is giving you a handjob?

6. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Was wondering when someone would suggest the Stranger. :wink: There are websites full of interesting ideas for DIY.