1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over eating.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by thoughtbubble, Aug 6, 2014.

1. thoughtbubble

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everyone :slight_smile:. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    As my profile states, I am 21 years old. As a teenager I suffered from anorexia. Nobody knew because I've been skinny all my life. I realized I had a problem whe. I was 17 so I stopped. Now I have a completely different problem, I over eat. This has been going on for 5 months. By over eating I mean eating desserts when ever they Are available. I just can't stop my self. My boss brought in brownies today and I ate 6....I dint eat more because I dint want my coco rakers to think there is something wrong with me. Later I went home and ate two cones of ice cream and 2 bowls of cereal. (I did eat my regular breack fast lunch and dinner). When there is food around I just can't stop eating. I just don't get full and I just want to keep eating. I do drink a lot of water, and work out 5 days a week. While I am binging on said food, I try to rationalize my behavior by thinking " I'm young, my metabolism can take it. Might as we'll take full advantage of it now while I still have it." I just don't know what to do to stop. I keep telling myself tomorrow I won't have a dessert. Then the next day I start by saying "just this one" .......that then goes to five, six more.
    Ant suggestions on what might help?

2. mangotree

Have you tried removing all of the temptations from your house/flat/unit/living-situation?
    If the ice-creams aren't in the freezer, you won't/can't eat them.

That said, I'm a strong believer in "What you resist, persists".
    Maybe add some acceptance to the habit, and perhaps it will ease over time.
    There's a good podcast on the internet called Inside Out Weight Loss by Renee Stephens that is based on this premise (hope that's not breaching the advertising thingy). Best to google it, as iTunes only has the most recent episodes.

Peace! (*hug*)

3. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh god, I'm exactly the same way -_- It's so hard!! I used to be anorexic and bulimic and now it's the complete opposite. I've stopped a bit now, but it still happens now and then. I kept telling myself that I didn't want to gain weight and that I didn't want to get sick. I'm young and still have so much of my life to live still. This is what has helped me a bit, but everyone is different...