1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working out motivation

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by RAdam, Aug 7, 2014.

1. RAdam

Howdy,

Instead of going to the gym for which I'm all ready to go I'm writing this thread...
    I go to the gym 3 times a week but it's so hard to motivate myself even tho I wanna work out more and get a bombshell body but bah I guess I don't even find that motivating, any tips and tricks on motivation..? Another thing, what would be good food pre-workout? Atm I eat an avocado and a soft boiled egg but that's totally random.. (!)(!)

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I just look at shirtless guys and think I WANT THAT!! then listen to Tabatta Workout Songs on Youtube, I find them useful because they have a beat, and then a guy telling you to start then break.

I find someone telling me to do it more effective.

3. RAdam

I'm gonna try the music thingy :grin:, pictures of other men never really affected my motivation tho.. it's just I guess my laziness is stronger?

4. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You already got some useful advice, so I don't know whether this will be of any use to you or not. I tend to remind myself that if I don't continue, I'll never be loved. Maybe that's a bit extreme but that's how I work I guess.

5. RAdam

Lmao that's indeed a bit extreme.. but I can relate yes. The reason I started working out in the first place is to make myself more desirable, even tho I'm a closeted gay I never want people to think oh that guy is single cause he's bad looking. I guess I've never had a real crush on someone (all the guys I know are straight and I'm not really attracted to men who won't ever find me attractive) so never felt like extra motivated to get in shape for a crush. And atm it's like fighting gravity to get myself to the gym 3 times a week :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I went today tho but my god it's a day job to get motivated.:lol:

6. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can relate. I've been slacking recently. I used to go to the gym 4 days a week, but it's slowly gone down to 2 days a week - which is enough, I guess, but I'm not really seeing much change anymore. I'll have to kick my arse into gear.

Music definitely helps though.

Pre-workout food for me is usually in the form of carbs. I usually eat more carbs on my workout days.

7. Ridiculous

If physically going to the gym is the problem (and often it is, because it is really inconvenient) then you could consider doing it at home. There are only a few things that you need proper equipment for - everything else can be done with cheap dumbbells.

Having to go to a gym can easily double the time of your workout; getting ready to go, travelling there, having to cooperate with everyone else at the gym, and travelling back adds up very quickly and can be a massive demotivator (not to mention the fact your are paying to use the gym).

8. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hmm you might want to boost up your energy. find some inspiration to keep going of some short. i always like to think how i'd feel and look better after working out. use that as inspiration, look ahead instead of now. to get that "bombshell" body, it takes at least a year of work. yea, it sounds a bit discouraging but it's definitely worth the journey. your end result would be the great body that you want, but in the process, you would learn how to love yourself, take care of yourself, and learn more about yourself about the things you never thought you do. for lessons like that, not a lot of people want to take that chance, let alone experience it until later on in life, when they regret it the most.
    between you and me, i rather whack off then be motivated to see those "banging" bodies on guys, so i'd say i put my focus off that and more on what i can build myself to be better and stronger. it helps out a lot for me, rather then make a mistake to "look" after em haha.

9. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I saw this post on Reddit today and couldn't believe how much better this kid looks after working out for a relatively short period of time.

Off to the gym right now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Budweiser

11. Diego89

Here are some tips:

I find that if you enroll a nice gym, spend a considerable amount of money each month on your gym products or whatever, you're more committed to get things done as you don't wanna see all that money thrown away.

Also set reasonable goals you wanna reach, track your achievments, make your family and friends a part of your "make over", impress them! Let them encourage you!

And last but perhaps most important get a gym buddy, preferably someone committed to his workout, not only would he drag your ass to the gym on those days you are feeling lazy, but he'll push you to get that last rep you think impossible...

Have in mind however that all of the above comes from a guy who has failed several times on his attempts to get "bigger" haha, however right now I'm more motivated than ever to succeed , and I find those things are helping me.

Cheers,

Diego.

12. RAdam

Hehe I wish money motivated me but unfortunately I'm in a privileged position so my unconsciousness is a spoiled brat and doesn't care. I do have a gym buddy and I agree that definitely helps, but we can't always work out on the same days. Also a very weird thing I notice is that some days I can lift twice the weights and do work outs twice as long than other days, but that's probably food right..?

How is your progress going, any work outs you recommend? I barely see progress but I'm gonna do some personal training sessions soon to find out how to do certain work outs, atm I'm just fooling around with weights and stuff. (!)

I went to the gym today but it really demotivates me seeing all these buff guys lifting 10x the weights I'm lifting and I'm struggling, kinda embarrassing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Diego89

To be honest I just got back to the gym last monday haha, but so far so good, yeah personal training is the way to go, until I got one I didn't realize how much time I lost at the gym, I would be fooling around for 2 or more hours with out getting much done, but with the personal trainer is another story, my workouts are now pretty intense, 1 hour max, the guy gives me very few breaks, only the necessary to recover, sure it's exhaustive, but no pain no gain, right? And you feel great afterwards.

I'm guessing you are a hard gainer, wanting to bulk a little, right? In that case I would recommend the 5 x 5 stronglifts program, which consist in compound exercises which work several muscles a time, such as bench press, dead lifts, squats, and they are all done with free weights, no machines.

Also if you wanna bulk fast, there's a extreme diet, actually quite simple but extreme nonetheless that would give you inmediate results, it's called GOMAD, which stands for Gallon Of Milk A Day, yeap, you read that right, a gallon!! crazy I know, but works wonders.

#13 Diego89, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014