1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal issues that are affecting my health.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Rubra et atra, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Rubra et atra

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I guess I should explain my situation along with the issue.. It will be a bit of an introduction as well because there are some basic facts that I really need to get in here.
    Ok, here we go

Situation:
    I'm a 16-year-old girl who's a "bisexual lesbian" who was just diagnosed with a severe case of Acid Reflux Disease (GERD). Because of my symptoms I'm very sensitive to stress since it contributes to causing "the attacks" (severe pain in the chest among other symptoms).
    Now, I began attending a new school 3 weeks ago..

A girl in class immediately caught my eye, we became friends and along with some other girls we've become a group that always stick together. We've grown close, very close considering how soon into the friendship it is.
    And I've fallen for her. Like "BAM". And normally it takes me many months if not years to fall for someone.
    She's gay and single. And we've just declared to each other that we do like each other.

This past Thursday we were sitting on the river bench and I kissed her, she kissed back and it went well...
    UNTIL I noticed some noise that wasn't there before, I looked up and saw some 40 senior citizens standing there behind us with cameras.. I later found out that they were on a buss trip to "discover 3 of the nations most beautiful towns" :eusa_doh:
    Well, after that incident it got awkward between us.. And she says that she doesn't know what she wants and that she's afraid to do anything more. She's even said that she is too afraid to kiss me again. Despite liking it. And it's all very "omg what do we do now, where do we go from here"
    And now it's all awkward and I don't like this situation at all.
    Because of the stress levels this is causing (along with very personal stuff, incl. having a family ) I'm constantly having "attacks" after almost every meal.. And all the stress caused me to start hyperventilating last night after an argument with my mother.

So the issue with this "friend" of mine is the one that I need to solve first, cause the other ones are things I can't even affect.

So um.. any advice?

2. Jim1454

Well I'd say just give it some time. You're talking about just 2 or 3 days... so if she's as great as she seems, I'd think you could give her a bit of space and just 'play it cool' for a while until she gets more comfortable about spending time with you.

I wouldn't be too concerned about a bunch of senior citizens taking pictures.

3. Rubra et atra

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sorry, my first post was very unclear (I'm not that good at writing in English). The problem is my stress levels, the situation was what I described.
    *Blushes* I guess I managed to press "post" before I'd finished it..

4. Noah

Find something calming that you can do to get away. Stress less about work/homework. Don't overwhelm yourself with other people's problems. Stay busy with distracting stuff, take warm baths.