1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hit head/neck pain

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Emmanuella, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Emmanuella

Ok so a couple of days ago I fell off something that is not really high at all. I sort of landed on my back /elbows and then hit my head back...rather hard for such a short fall.

Anyway, I immediately had a headache for the next couple of hours...which I guess is normal. But then my neck started hurting. It hurts less, but still I can't put strain on it or move it I certain ways or it hurts.

Is this something normal when you hit your head? Or is this something I'm going to have to check out?

2. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you might have sprained the muscles in your neck. When you fall the muscles tense involuntarily and so they can get pulled. Getting it checked out wouldn't hurt. Taking an anti-inflammatory might help. Also, cold compresses for the first 24 hours after injury and then hot compresses thereafter should help speed recovery.

3. Emmanuella

Thanks! That makes sense...I didn't have a chance to use a cold compress but might try a hot compress. My neck is doing much better in any case.