1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are any diseases undetectable?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by BearLover, Aug 11, 2014.

1. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok, so I really need to educate myself about this subject, I may be meeting up with an older man in spain sometime this year.

I'm going to be using a condom obviously and so will he.

I was wondering, can you usually tell if they have a disease? If it's something like HIV then is it easy to tell? If I catch HIV then I'm screwed, it's unlikely to happen.

I'm not so worried about diseases that can be cured but diseases that can't be cured are quite scary. I've thought about getting some injections to prevent against this kind of stuff, I'm going to take every precaution from catching something.

I'm wondering, if they have STD's then do I have a good chance in not getting infected if I'm using a condom? I would do oral then anal, but what are the chances that I catch something doing oral? Could I catch something even doing oral without a condom? Or do I keep the condom on from from having a blowjob?

Hmm, it makes me paranoid thinking about the condom splitting, if the condom splits do I have a good chance in catching an STD, I thought serious viruses like HIV only spread if you were to have a cut.

2. Najlen

There is no way to tell if someone has an STD, especially HIV. While condoms help, they aren't an absolute guarantee. It is much more likely of getting an STD if you have a cut, but that is by no means the only way they spread. The best way to ensure safety is that you both get tested beforehand.

3. LD579

Some things can be spread by skin-to-skin contact, as well. You can read here, and do some more reading online. Using a condom and playing it safe is the best way to avoid contracting things. Not all diseases are detectable visually. For example, with HIV, you can't tell whether someone has it or not just by looking at them.