1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapstick

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kimi, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Kimi

Who need them?
    I mean who does use them?

I do almost all year around...and even I use it frequently, my lips are dry:bang:
    So question is that they actually works?

Thanks

2. Micah

I'm current using 3.

That's right.

I have my Strawberry flavoured one,

My plain one

and my 'lip infusion' which is spf 15 sunscreen protection :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

They seem to work for me :slight_smile:

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you use chapstick all the time, your lips stop producing as much of their own natural moisture, so essentially you end up "addicted" to chapstick if you want to have non-dry lips.

I would lay off it outside of extreme weather conditions. For instance, I'd only use chapstick during the winter here, when the cold, dry wind might over-dry my lips.

Never really understood why people were so into chapstick, though... maybe my lips are just naturally great. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. SpikySpice

I use chapstick as a tool to make my lips look shiny in the cold weather, my lips can hardly be dried, but I use chaptsick and it works like a make up, lol(that's so gay)
    But it works really well, protect you from all the bad elements around you, and make your lips soft.

5. Blamblazer

Blamblazer Guest

Keep in mind that your lips are one of the few places on your body without sweat glands -- that is, there is no natural moisture for your lips except from the surrounding tissues/skin. Thus, your best hope is to fully hydrate all the skin around your lips and hope that some of that hydration seeps into your lips and lets them not be chapped. Increaseing your water intake throughout the day can certainly help.

Further, Chapstick(R) (and other lip protectants), are all waxy (non-polar) substances meant to to trap whatever moisture is already present into your lips but do not add moisture at all. The trouble with this is that if there's no moisture available to your lips, all you are doing is slathering the poor dead skin with vaseline and making it so it can't even breathe! Where I'm going with this is that Chapstick(R) works best when you are fully hydrated (evidenced by your pee running colorless or VERY faintly yellow for at least two urinations each day). Admittedly, having a sunblock (spf 15 and above) in your lip balm can be very useful if you are in a climate where the sun seems ubiquitous. I recommend, and use myself, a lip balm with spf 15 (Neutrogena lip protection is my fav) from November through March (I live in Michigan, USA) and drink about 3 litres of H2O per day -- my lips stay perky and fine year round -- now if I could only find guys to use those lips on ^_^

6. aprilblue426

ok. i guess i must be weird, then...really, come on: im a girl who hates, i mean HATES any form of makeup whatsoever. i mean, i just don't like the nasty, oily feeling it gives you...especially when you put on chapstick an' then u end up thirsty, and it's just a big, disgusting, waxy mess. yuck.:eusa_sick
    ...but maybe it's just me. idk.

7. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    my lips get dry and sun burned from surfing i just put on sun screan on my shoulders, back, chest and a bit on my face.

8. Kimi

Thanks Blamblazer for your very helpfull infos:kiss:
    I'm trying to drink 2L of water per day but I'm usually failing on that:dry: Maybe that's why my lips get dry and crack all year around...
    Again thanks(*hug*) (*hug*)

BTW, I don't get to use them as much as I wish...Unfortunately:icon_cry:

9. 94nat

I've got fair skin and my lips do suffer from burning. The weather here is always warm and sunny even in the winter. I get around most of the time just in a pair of shorts and only use sun screens when I go to the local pool. I should to something about my lips as they do get burnt.:icon_redf

10. botanyboy03

well, I was in Austin Texas. going back from NC
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use this Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick thing as chapstick. I love it, and it tastes like chocolate. I don't use it everyday, but only when I need it.

11. KatoKumi

The beeeesssttt chapstick is the SPF one from Banana Republic. My ex-girlfriend said she liked it when we kissed, and it does help make your lips less dry. At least for mine [: