1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too slim? Thin? :D

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by darkestknight, Sep 9, 2008.

1. darkestknight

Yeah, this title.

Oftenly, I would get these questions, which is damn annoying, like: "Why you are so thin" and stuff like that.

Damn, I wish I was like 60 KG in this process. Currently I'm only 52 KG and approx 173 CM in height. It's a bit of a dangerous level (some people might call it dangerous), but what many doctors will say that it's OK.

Should it be a problem or not? :grin:

2. epiphanies

if dr.s say it's ok, then it's ok. if you aren't malnourished or anything like that and it's just part of your genes, it's fine.

3. Last time my doctor checked I was 183cm and 65Kg, that's slim for ya. =P
    I'm teetering on the "below average" weight limit for my height but for now I'm safe.
    I'd really like to gain weight, in the form of muscle preferably =P, but that's just me.

But then again I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks and I'm pretty sure my weight has finally increased!
    I haven't gained weight in like forever, which is odd because I don't eat that well and I'm less than active.

4. Jim1454

If you're eating regularly and reasonably healthy food, I don't think you need to worry about it. Wondering if you're too thin isn't any different from people wondering if they are too heavy. We're all comparing ourselves against an unreachable 'perfection' that we see in magazine ads and on television. The people pictured are NOT typical. And even if they represented an 'average' or 'ideal' it doesn't mean that every person would be able to achieve that 'ideal' weight or body type. We're all different. Consider it a blessing.

5. darkestknight

Yeah - I'm eating regularly. No problem and such. It is all well and good. No skipped meals, no delayed meals, no nothing. :grin:

I'm wondering because uh... agh, dammit, my friends used to laugh at me, especially at my arms (that was a year ago) ! But now my arms slightly improved because of constant dumb bell training (that's all i only have!) and the chest (5% improvement because of constant push-ups).

A few trips to the doctor for the allocated number of years said the same thing: No problem at all.

Even one chiropractor of mine (yes - I have a very minor case of scoliosis, a slight misalignment of backbone 9 degrees) told me, "Never mind about the ribs, you can go swimming to build them up!".

Damn, I guess I need to IMPROVE mah chest then! It's lacking as usual! :grin:

6. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    some people are just built thin. There's a guy in my class who's 6'4 (193cm) and weighs 130lbs (59kg) And yes he does eat.

As long as you're eating right, getting some exercise, and the doc says it's fine, then don't worry about it.

7. Quitex

Quitex Guest

I would prefer to be too thin than to be... overweight.

*cries*

8. Jace

Too skinny??

Nah. Not at all

There's this guy at my school (he's totally gay but he's all like I think I mght be bi)

Yeah well he's just barely shorter then me (I'm like 5'10") and he wears a double 0 in girl jeans!

He is waaaaaaay to skinny ahhh

But he eats and stuff, I guess Idk
    He's not like anorexic or bulimic
    But he's fuckin skinny yo

9. darkestknight

Hehe. Guess I need to build up my chest. Damn, I hate to see the ribs sticking out. My major chest muscles are all misssing. :grin:

10. ArcaneVerse

As long as your doctor says your fine then there's no problem. You can get pretty close to the not enough weight limit and still be fine. as long as your eating right and all that, most likely just need some muscle. i weigh around 42kg maybe less I'm under weight atm but all i need is some muscle but then again i don't eat enough. still pretty healthy though.

11. byeee

Well, I'm not that thin yet, but for some reason I've been losing weight lately. Afraid to weigh myself properly just yet, but I can notice a difference in fitting jeans. Quick metabolism? Because I eat regularly, and quite a lot - well, in the canteen but still...