1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being a 24 year old virgin....thoughts?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by dman89, Aug 18, 2014.

1. dman89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to get your guys' opinion about being a virgin. I'm 24 years old and I haven't had sex yet. I just came out earlier this year as a gay man but even before I never did anything with a girl. I've never even had a kiss from someone! I'm an introverted Asian who doesn't want to be defined by his sexual preference and I'm completely fine with staying a virgin. Out of curiosity, I just want to see if there are others out there like me or if anyone has any comments about my situation.

2. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i am almost 23 and completely a virgin. sometimes i loathe it but most of the time i dont care and have made peace with it. you arent alone :, ) congrats on coming out!

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Why do you need to do something with a girl ?:confused:

4. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's weird for me to be commenting because I'm a young teenager but I'd like to be a virgin until I was ready and had found someone I love to be with. So if that means 24, fine. 34, great. 84, okay. I think people my age feel a lot of pressure to have a partner, but I wouldn't want to do anything with anyone ever out of pressure. So I think your position is quite admirable :slight_smile:.

5. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The sexual experience is only worthwhile (imo) when you feel the right connection with the right person.

6. TabletopFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    gratz of coming out :grin:

I wouldn't worry about it. Just wait till you're comfortable about having your first time with someone.

7. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

pshaw yall assumin a right person comes along. that is why being completely fine with it is the good thing, it is the hard but beneficisl part yah

8. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, losing ones virginity is on of the most over rated and over thought about issues. It really doesn't matter when you do. At the end if the day, it's a personal choice and it's hardly some badge of honour or anything.

I'd say, don't sweat it. Just do it when you are ready and with who you choose. Alo, it doesn't necessarily have yo be with that "special" person. I've known plenty who lost their virginity through casual sex and continued having casual sex and couldn't be happier. As I said, it's a completely personal choice so don't let the pressure or influence of others dictate when you want to do it and with who. As long as you do it safely, them that's all you need to worry about.

Happy days :slight_smile:

9. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

I'm a 20 year old virgin. Tbh it doesn't bother me that much. It'll happen when it happens!
    Better to be a virgin than sleep with a girl.

10. Blossom85

To be honest.. I am 29 and still a Virgin to both genders.. I don't see myself playing around or having random hooks up for the sake of it or for gaining experience on what I prefer.. I am looking for romance and wanting to lose my virginity to that one special person wether it be a girl or a guy and so far, I haven't found that person yet but when I do, I know I will really be happy that I waited and didn't do it with someone random or whom I don't really care for.

11. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

I'm almost 25 and I'm still a virgin, and I haven't even kissed...

But I don't see it as a problem now, I'm not going to stress myself out because I'm a "Virgin".. There's more important things.

12. dragon20

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm gonna be 24 in a couple months and I'm still a virgin. I can't say I don't care about it because I think about it a lot but I don't wanna do anything stupid. I'm not waiting for 'the one' but I'm not gonna just randomly hook up with some dude to lose my virginity. I'm sure it'll be a while before I lose mine because when it comes to gay guys where I live, it's a dead zone. I mean I'm sure they're out there but they're not out. Of course it probably doesn't help that I'm not out either so yeah. I guess my point is that I care about it but not enough to do something stupid that could hurt me. Hopefully my ramblings make sense :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thanks.
    -Soul

13. Hel

Hel

I'm around your age and am still a virgin too. Personally, the only downside I see is that the likelihood to met another virgin is rapidly decreasing therefore my partner may not like my "unskilled-ness" or think something is wrong with me...

14. dman89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for all your responses everyone. I agree with most, if not all, your opinions. I'm currently in a relationship with my first gay friend and lover but unfortunately we'll probably won't do anything for awhile because he's thousands of miles away. Being a virgin is nice because it reminds me that I'm committed to treating myself with the respect and love I deserve. I'm not in pursuit of "the one" but I will definitely only do it with someone I care and trust.

15. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They should instead see it as a chance to 'show what they got' and engage in some off-campus 'tutoring'. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe your waiting for the perfect person.

17. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 21 and I'm still a virgin. I don't think it is anything to be ashamed of. I look at it as I want to wait until I believe I have found the right person that I want to be with for the rest of my life and then that's when I will lose it. I don't want to have sex with just anybody

18. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am 24 years old and a virgin. I think the only thing that sucks is people always ask how do you know if you have never been with a guy. Also, girls seem to be like yey and try and push me into things-never let it happen though because I have to really like someone.

19. thekillingmoon

I'm like that too. Not that sex doesn't interest me, I'll even admit it's been on my mind quite a lot in the past 5 years. But I can't do it with just anybody. And I want a lasting meaningful relationship with a woman. I expect people to think it's weird when they find out and perhaps it would be a turn off for them. Me, I wouldn't care if a person I'm dating never had sex. It's not rocket science, you can learn anytime.

20. Yosia

Nothing wrong with being a virgin!! Im saving myself for the right person. (Although i did give someone oral but that doesnt count!) XD.