1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is eating in the morning/pm making me nauseaous

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mind Freak, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Mind Freak

It doesn't happen all the time but sometimes after I eat in the morning/pm i feel like i need to throw up.

Its weird because it never happens at dinner which is around 6:30;; like today at lunch I had to make myself eat because I hadn't had anything since 7:30 pm the previous day.

But I had to stop because I was getting so queasy. : (

2. pirateninja

I used to have something like this last summer. But I used to just NOT be able to eat at all; even the smell of food made me feel sick. And everytime I ate I'd just throw it straight back up. I dunno exactly what was up, I assumed that it was because last summer I was on my own a lot, and basically just didn't feed myself and just didn't like eating. But I went to the doctors and he gave me some tablets that inhibit nausea, and so when I took that, I was able to start eating again and didn't throw up, it went back to normal after that. I don't know if your symptoms are similar.

Anyway, there's my $0.02 until KaraBalut gets to it.

3. Gumtree

It could be what you're eating; if you try to eat foods that contain no lipids on an empty stomach it just doesn't work.

Post your diet of the past few days, if you can't remember record it for the next few days and I will give you a better idea; there's HEAPS of things that could be contributing to it.

Not pregger's are you? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Louise

There could be several things, what you are eating, stress in your life or how you are eating. If in the morning you swallow down a bowl of cereal and rush out the door because you are late for school then it wouldn't be surprising that you feel sick.

Can you give us more information on what you eat, when and how and even what is going on in your life at the moment. Some people have delicate tummies (me) so when, in the morning when your stomach is completely empty, you pour ice cold milk down your throat for example your tummy says 'oh no you don't' and makes you throw it all back up again.

5. pirateninja

He's male, for one thing, so I doubt it. :grin:

6. Defender

Defender Guest

I feel like this a lot as well in the mornings. It doesn't make me want to throw up, but my tummy feels really unsettled. My stomach can't really handle milk when I have cereal in the morning, but I don't have any other choice :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. So I end up feeling gross/unsettled/fatigued in the mornings. I have no idea what is going on.

I don't think I'm preggers either :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. If I am, TOM YOU BETTER PAY DAMN CHILD SUPPORT!

7. BeautifulStranger

It could be stress...
    You're currently going through 'coming out' stress... I remember reading one of your previous threads.
    I'm currently studying abroad, trying to make friends in a foreign language, and going through a rough relationship phase. Needless to say, I'm really stressed and my body rejects food at any time of the day.
    Honestly, I haven't truly eaten in about 7 days... I know it's not healthy and I'm working on it.
    Chalk it up to stress and don't worry. Your appetite will come back.

#7 BeautifulStranger, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  8. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I also had the same problem, but it ended up being because I was not eating the right foods in the morning. It's hard for your body to digest large, more dense solid foods as opposed to liquid foods. Instead of eating PB+J or muffins, etc., for breakfast, try eating oatmeal, warm cereal, or a soft cookie.

I also think it could be nervousness or stress in your life(Like going to school butterflies, etc.)

9. Nova713

Nova713 Guest

I can't eat in the mornings either. Especially when I first wake up. Normally my first meal of the day is lunch. When I do eat breakfast though, I usually have to be awake for an hour or two before I can put anything in my stomach besides water or juice. Maybe you should just wait a while before eating anything in the mornings. As far as eating in the evenings, that could have something to do with what you've been eating throughout the day.

10. Mind Freak

Ok I have a list and time for a couple foods.
    One Saturday I had a tortilla with chicken, lettuce, rice, and salsa on it;; it was so good I loved it, and I was hungry but I started eating and had to stop because I almost put it back on the table. That was around 4 pm

The next day I had fish sticks at 11:45 am and I love fish sticks but after I finished eating I didn't feel good again.

The nausea stopped for a week then whatever day I originally posted this it was hard to eat; today i got the burger down but got nauseous afterwards and almost threw it at 4:30 after drinking half a bottle of water.

And today I had dinner at 7:30 chicken sandwich and fries and I got nauseous after eating that but felt better after burping and nearly seeing it twice. : |

This sucks.

And yes I have been under tons of stress lately especially in the past week;; new show in marching band; school is being a pain; the thing with coming out and keeping it hidden; and just life in general is so stressful. I haven't been under this much stress in a couple years but that's a different story for a different day.

11. KaraBulut

There are some people who get nauseous after eating in the morning. It seems to be related to rapid changes in blood sugar. When you eat foods that are high in carbohydrates (e.g. breads, sweets), your body releases insulin. Insulin seems to make some people feel queasy, sweaty and warm.

If you're eating at 6PM and not eating again until breakfast, you're putting your body on a bit of a roller-coaster with blood sugar levels. Try eating smaller meals throughout the day instead of eating big meals. Try not to go more than 6 hours without eating something. If you like to sleep late, then get up and have a snack then go back to bed. And avoid high carbohydrate foods when you haven't eaten for a while.

If the nausea and near vomiting continues, you should see your doctor. If you have a stomach virus or a clear cause for your symptoms, the problem should go away within a week. Any longer than that and you need to have your doctor do some tests on you.

12. Mind Freak

Ok. But I've been eating like this literally for years with no problem.
    Really since like 6th grade maybe 7th and I'm in 10th now.

I don't see why my body is acting weird now.

But I'll try the smaller meals thing to see if that helps.

13. Mind Freak

It was just stress;; which is weird normally my face just breaks out. But now life is mellow again and I no longer get nausea. :slight_smile: