1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitness and sex

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by kevinx519, Sep 10, 2008.

1. kevinx519

so my boyfriend has never been able to last long during sex. he just seems to get soft after a while. he says its because he's stopped swimming and he cant seem to keep it up. anyway, before he quit swimming, he could keep it up as long as needed. my question is, is there a relation between fitness and the ability to keep it up?

2. Hmmm.....no idea.
    But I can say that I do absolutely nothing physical at all and I can "keep it up" for as long as I need.
    Maybe he's just fast and is a little embarrassed about it, my ex set the definition of fast =P.
    All I can say is I don't do any sport or exercise and my ability to keep it up is just fine. =)

3. Louise

If your b/f was doing a lot of swimming he had probably a really strong perenium muscle which would have helped him keep an erection if he nomally has difficulty. He can strenghten this muscle by tightening it an relaxing is in a series of 10,20,30 or up to 50 muscle contractions several times a day.

This is a simple excersize, you just squeeze the muscle a bit like if you are stopping the flow of urine when you pee.

Another solution for your b/f could be a cockring, these come in various different colours, sizes and there are even vibrating ones that can be fun. Experiment a bit and see what works for him. There are also cockrings which go round the cock, as one would expect, and round the balls which again might help him maintain his erection.

4. Gumtree

Haha I giggle every time i hear Louise say 'cock'

Oh and yes there is a 'minor' link between fittness and erectile abilites.

The exercise Louise suggested is excellent and does work but I would say that the main reason is that he might be more self consious about it, that alone is enough to bring him out of the mood.

Also has the levels of alcohol he consumes changed since he stopped swimming?

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There could be a physical cause, or there might not be. The main thing is to not make it a big deal. If he's having trouble maintaining an erection, you should let him get off in his own way. That might mean just holding him while he jerks himself off.

Lex

6. KaraBulut

There is a relationship between testosterone levels and exercise. However, this relates more to desire or libido than with the ability to maintain an erection.

There's not a direct connection between exercise and the ability to stay hard during sex. But if your boyfriend believes it does- well, then by all means don't say anything and encourage him to exercise. :icon_bigg

You don't mention how old your boyfriend is but it's safe to assume he's still fairly young. Nor did you mention when he has problems with his erection- is it all the time, just when he's standing/kneeling, when he's on bottom/top...?

7. Jim1454

I doubt very much that your bf has gotten out of shape because he has stopped swimming - assuming he's fairly young.

I'll admit that when I wasn't exercising, as I got older and more out of shape, I simply didn't have the stamina / cardio endurance for lots of sex. I'd get tired, which was discouraging, which really killed the mood. But I doubt that is his problem.

Let him do what works for him. Sex shouldn't be something you get really worked up over. Just relax and enjoy.

8. kevinx519

haha thanks guys. and yes hes my age. usually its all the time, sitting down or standing up. im not really making a big deal about it. i love him with or without the sex. its just sometimes i feel like im doing something wrong. i dont know. is there a possibility that he has erectile dysfunction?