1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uncontrollable Depression

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by unouxx3me, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unouxx3me

unouxx3me Guest

I hate who I am.

I've fallen back into my bad habits, aka hurting myself. I don't know why really, I guess you could say it is stress or blame the 21 year old who acts like she is two, called a sister. You could say I've fallen back off that cliff...don't want to kill myself, but hurt again...something I can control. My life is like a piece of glass dropped on hard wood, shattered in thousands of tiny pieces. I go out of my way to do it, and then out of my way to hide it. I hate myself more and more every time that I do it and know if anyone in my family found out, I'd get screamed at for hours about how stupid I was and there was no point in doing it and then it all being forgotten again. I'm not calling out to them for help...i wasn't last time either.

You can feel people staring; it's like the heat that rises from the pavement during summer, like a poker in the small of your back. You don't have to hear a whisper, either, to know that it's about you.
    I used to stand in front of the mirror in the bathroom to see what they were staring at. I wanted to know what made their heads turn, what it was about me that was so incredibly different. At first I couldn't tell. I mean, I was just me.
    Then one day, when I looked in the mirror, I understood. I looked into my own eyes and I hated myself, maybe as much as all of them did. That was the day I started to believe they might be right.

I am tired of living this life. If it was up to me, I would be dead. I stick around for my small time goals. Throwing my friend her sweet sixteen in October is all I am focusing on...then maybe Christmas holiday I'll drown my sorrows in drugs. Afterwards I'll turn 17, then I will be done...I have no goal past that. Perhaps my death will be in February...no one here would ever know...why do I bother to post. I guess this is my cry for help...my anti-depressants aren't doing any good, maybe they'll kick in within the next week, it is my last hope. Can anyone help me? I hate my life...I am so depressed and don't know if I'll even last until my friend's party...I'll be miserable there, so why do I even try. Every school day is a trial, I hide from glances and try to exist...but why do I last like this? I cannot stand to bare witness to my own life, I feel sorry for myself.

I'll be stuck in a wheelchair within another couple of years, who could ever love a lesbian stuck in a chair needing to be cared for? I'll live with a man for my life, miserable and lonely, dealing with the sex...baring his children and lying in his bed, while I will crave the touch of a female's soft fingers against my skin. I'll never forget when I knew I was gay, that I can only remotely stand men who are feminine...I want to be around gay guys or lesbians instead of purely alone and by myself. No one knows...the other day my mother asked if I would wear a promise ring (her wording for a purity ring), if I stay a virgin until I'm married...but I've been raped before (isn't that making me not a virgin?). I miss the gentleness of a girl, but I can't come out.

My social anxiety makes it hard enough to tell my best friend that I like girls, though she's under the assumption that I'm only bisexual. I've searched my soul and I know that I myself am a lesbian...it is a sin, and I will burn in hell, so I'm told. My suicide would bring me there too...why can't I love myself? I'm ready to be ME AND NO ONE ELSE. I'm tired of being a FAKE, a fraud, someone who I am not. I'm telling one of my good friends on Monday that I am a lesbian...as long as I live until then. Then maybe I'll ask him if he'll take me out and teach me to drive his car (hand controlled) so maybe I will have the ability to drive sometime. Maybe I'll be okay, if he reacts badly, is disgusted...I'll most certainly not have the energy to live...when someone you think cares rejects who you are, why bother being alive. My parents won't even acknowledge the idea that I like GIRLS. That I'm the one in my family who isn't straight but is gay. They once said if they knew I liked girls...I'd go to school, and work and that would be it...nothing more, they said I'd never be allowed out of the house. It is an abomination to the lord. I'd go to hell, and have no chance to enter through heaven's gates. Here's the point...why should I live? There is nothing left for me...I can't wait until my chance to leave this world, no one even cares if I live or not.

2. Vampyrecat

First things - Please do NOT kill yourself.
    Suicide is never the answer. I know it seems like it does now, but what if you fail at killing yourself? How much worse will you feel then? And what if you DO succeed? What about all your family and friends? I know you say you don't feel noticed or cared about - But please believe me when I say that you are the furthest thing from worthless. You suffering from a fairly serious depression and you NEED help.

You do not deserve to be made to feel like this - I'm sure you have many qualities which are unique and admirable - listening to whatever people saying is not helping you and you need to realise that.

And if you are in a wheelchair in a few years - that doesn't mean your quality of life will be any worse. It will be different - yes, but that doesn't mean it will be worse. And I think you need to at least TRY to be positive. I know that sounds like bullshit - but I've found it helped me - and I've been exactly where you are right now. Not quite the same situation, but I've been exactly that low and lower.

Please please go and talk to someone about how you feel - you really do need help.
    You are always more then welcome to talk to me.

3. biisme

Do NOT kill yourself!!! Please, everyone here cares about you so much.

Suicide is never an option! Please, please, please get some help!!!

I urge you to talk to someone, anyone. A friend, a parent, another relative, the police, the hospital, a counselor, a therapist. Please, please, please go talk to someone!!!

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Please everybody that is online right now, send positive good thoughts to this girl. She needs our help. I'm very very worried.

5. MeskElil

We're here for you. You're not alone, and you don't have to be someone you're not while you're on this website. We accept you for exactly who you are. Suicide is NEVER the answer--there are always options. Think back to a happy time--any happy time--and focus on your emotions at that moment. You said you had a friend you were going to tell on Monday--think forward to that day and think about her and how great of a friend she is.
    Please, PLEASE stay with us. We're here. We're listening to you. And we love you just as you are--you don't have to pretend here.
    Please.

6. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just like everyone else has said we're here for you~! And Suicide is never the answer~!

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Just so everyone knows, she is fine. Thanks for your good thoughts.

8. Amy

Amy

first off, DO NOT KILL YOURSELF. put down the pills, the knife, whatever it is, get rid of it. get it out of your vacinity while you read this.

secondly, i know what you are going through. it was not my family who told me how terrible "that" was. it was my church family. they were all traditional christians and catholics who told me how sick i am without knowing that i had even the sightest liking of girls. i was told it was an abomination. i was told "they" would go to hell, no questions asked.

guess what? you arent going to go to hell for killing yourself or being a lesbian. i know that God made us, and I know he loves us all. he does not make mistakes. he doesnt just exclude people that he himself made. he wouldnt be the God i believe in if he did. your parents believe in what the old testament says. the old testament was written and translated by humans. christianity believes in what jesus said and taught. jesus never said anything about homosexuality. he taught love and exceptance of all people. remember that.

9. unouxx3me

unouxx3me Guest

Note to all; Thanks to some moderator who called the FUCKING cops, I am leaving this site for good. Goodbye and I will not return.

I'm fine. So don't worry. Thanks for letting the "safe place" become another dangerous place for me to be. I was venting and apparently that is now illegal, so Good bye to anyone who pretended to care.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Her "venting" involved announcing that she was in the process of committing suicide. We did the only thing we could at this point - we tracked her down, and called the police to help intervene. If that makes us untrustworthy, color us untrustworthy. But it would be far more "dangerous" to do nothing in such a situation.

Lex

11. Vampyrecat

I am closing this thread for the reasons Lexington has stated and also because we do not condone verbal abuse directed at the moderators.

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

The few posts here do not reflect the drama that went on here a few hours ago. There is a thread in the staff room with almost 100 posts over about 3 hours regarding this.

Several mods and advisors were involved. Those in direct contact with unouxx3me genuinely believed that she was in the process of committing suicide and that her life was in danger. They kept her talking and tried to get her to contact the police or a helpline. Meanwhile others searched and gathered information on her identity and location etc online and passed this onto the police. Others offered advice, suggestions and support. A superb example of compassion and teamwork by everyone involved.

Then when it turned out that the suicide attempt did not take place and the response above was posted, clearly everyone was pissed off and deflated, although relieved that unouxx3me was not in any immediate danger. Regardless, I am proud of how everyone worked together and of what they achieved. I hope that we never have another situation like this, but that if we do then that it is handled as well as this one was.

unouxx3me has been banned temporarily for 24 hours while she and everyone involved calms down. We will be attempting to contact her later and see where we go from here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.