1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stomach issues

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by dreamcatcher, Aug 31, 2014.

1. dreamcatcher

So I recently moved to South Korea about 2 weeks ago. Ever since I got here, I've been having issues with my digestive system. I keep having...well, the runs. Basically, almost every day. I went out to eat the other day with my coworkers and when I went to their house, I felt like I wanted to throw up. ( It was also really hot in her house that day so idk if that has anything to do with it). Today, I went out to buy some food and I walked around for a bit but afterwards, my stomach started feeling queazy and I started feeling really lethargic. Yesterday, I also felt queezy while I was eating food. I haven't really been eating much since I gotten here and have lost 5 pounds in about 2 weeks. I'm not sure if it's the food or what but I've been feeling pretty shitty. I tend to feel fine when i'm laying down and I have some cool air. Otherwise, my stomach tends to feel kinda crappy. Any suggestions on what I should do to help improve my situation? Or herbal remedies maybe?

2. Litveninko

for your case, I would say jetlag. In other cases like me, it's colon. What happens with you, happens with me too. I had it for 3 years and I only checked myself a week ago. You better see a doctor, so you won't develope bowl syndrome.

3. dreamcatcher

If you're talking about irritable bowel syndrome, I already have it. But it usually doesn't give me nausea, queazy stomach or fatigue which is why I'm thinking it's something else. I guess I haven't adjusted to the time zone change yet? But I just feel like since it's been almost 2 weeks, it's been awhile already.

4. Litveninko

oh. If its the same for another week, you better check, do you take any medicines?

5. is the water different? it could be your body getting used to that?

6. dreamcatcher

Hmm, maybe but it tastes fine to me. I guess i'll give it another week and if I still feel this way, then I'll go see a doctor. I'm just worried because my Korean is very limited and I'm not sure if I can find an English speaking doctor around my area.

7. TraceElement

Have you had any diet changes? New country, different food. If so, it could just be getting used to it.

8. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it could be caused partly by stress from living in a foreign country, or it could be something you eat or drink. It's common that cold water is served with hot meal in Korea, a combination that is by Chinese believed can cause diarrhea. Or Can Ramen Noodles Cause Diarrhea? Maybe you can try to cook yourself more or eat more type of food you used to eat at home, Idk.

9. Nekokoneko

Out Status:
    Some people
    It could be traveler's diarrhea. Traveler's Diarrhea Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, Prevention
    Otherwise it could be from a drastic change in environment or the stress of moving. Make sure to get plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. I hope you feel better soon so you can get out and enjoy South Korea!!

10. suninthesky

Hydrate, hydrate! I might take a probiotic if I were you. But if it goes on too much longer I'd go to the doctor.

11. dreamcatcher

Thanks everyone! I took some anti diarrheal meds and I've also been avoiding the spicy food as that kills me. So far, I've been feeling better :slight_smile:

12. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Yeah there are so many things this could be, because the local water supply is going to be different and our bodies are sensitive little babies. Your body could be stressed even if mentally you feel fine, it could be a diet change, could be the travel, there are so many possibilities. Hopefully you feel better!!!

Congrats on SK btw :> Are you teaching there? That is something I entertain doing a lot.....

13. dreamcatcher

Yes I am :slight_smile: post on my wall if you have any questions!