1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Effects of stress

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by artist92, Sep 2, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So lately due to all the stress Ive had, I've been puking, passing out, twitching, breaking out in hives and last night I had a seizure. I had never had any of these things until I came out. Its impossible to get rid of the stress but is there anything I can do to stop these things from going on???

2. TraceElement

Pretty sure passing out and seizure activity are not regular stress reactions. Go see your doctor to rule out other conditions.

3. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

I know how you feel. I've been so stressed and unhappy lately that it has caused me aches and pains in joints, pins and needles, random twitching like on my leg or stomach, and bathroom problems. My anxiety and depression have been worse than ever. I think I even caused myself to get gum disease.

Regardless, the best way to lighten the stress is to take your mind off your problems, easier said than done. I like to meditate so try meditating or doing yoga. Exercise could also make you feel better. Another thing to try is writing, or expressing your self and your emotions through art. Whatever pain you're exexperiencing, putting it into a work of art helps to relieve distress somewhat, and it brings you closer to your identity. Music is another thing that also helps to relieve stress.

From what I've read in another post of yours about your parents, they don't seem like good parents, and you may never be able to change them, but you can change yourself. Keep trying to find help because there must be some kind people out there. Screw your parents, this is your life, you can't keep.letting them bring you down like this. I'm sorry if this comes off as harsh but they they need to realize the truth of the this reality. Tell them how much pain they are causing you. Even if it takes a lot of work to truly become who you are, at least you can appreciate the courage and strength it took to get there. If your parents lose you in the process, that's a fault they have to live with the rest of their lives.

Depression makes you feel as if your life is whirling out of control, and no matter what you do you feel helpless. Everyday I feel like giving up, and I can't seem to keep my dark thoughts at bay, yet nevertheless, I keep pushing myself and persevering. I take on challenges, even when I don't want to. If this is the only life I get, why not make the most of it.

4. RainDreamer

Sounds like a panic attack. You can try to go to a doctor and get some medication for it.

5. phony

Stress is a psyquiatric issue, when you are stressed there are changes in your brain that have to be corrected. I'd suggest if you can't get rid of stress on your on go see a doctor. This is a real thing, is not just "stress" you could start losing hair and other stuff.
    Hope you get better, try to listen to nice music or do yoga :slight_smile: there are cool yoga vids on youtube.
    any question just ask

6. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, and yeah, Ive been losing a lot of hair. Wish I could get rid of stress, but thats impossible.

7. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sport and being creative works for me.