1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

constant unsatable hunger

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Bring it, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Recently I've started getting constantly hungry. I'll eat something and then an hour or less later I'll feel like it's been hours since my last meal. Even as I type I feel like I need to go to the kitchen and eat a bowl of cereal or something or I'll start getting dizzy from hunger, but I know that I won't be able to physically eat as much as I feel like I need to. I know that there are countless things that this could be a symptom of, but I think it might be stress. School started a few days ago and that's when I first noticed this happening.
    Should I wait and see if it goes away as I get used to being in school again, or should I let someone know now or see a doctor about it?

2. hip2hop

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it may be stress related however, if this is a sudden change in your appetite or you are starting to lose weight despite the fact that you are eating more, then you should see your doctor ASAP. It never hurts to get a full checkup to ensure everything is good :slight_smile:

3. Hel

Hel

If you drink a lot too, it may be diabetes. But go see a doctor if it doesn't pass after a few days (or as soon as possible if you can).

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it simply because you are growing …???

I remember at 14 I used to get pains in my stomach - sort of desperate hunger - so much that at school I had to sneak food/ snacks at break times .. it lasted a while but went away.

Yeh - but if in any doubt .. do ask the doctor..

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, monitor your weight and see if it's changing very quickly. I forget, but there are some tables/charts on growth curves, so it could be you're growing.

6. Really

Protein will last take care of hunger longer than sugar/cereal.
    Try some of these:
    Small handful of nuts/almonds
    Tofu dog in a tortilla wrap
    Piece of cheese
    Yoghurt
    Forkful or two of fish/tuna
    Peanut butter on apple (oh, yeah, taste sensation)

7. black-cat

Eating better will help (some of the other comments recommend everything I was going too!) but if after a diet change it still goes on, I would recommend going to your doctor about it, or school nurse. It could be stress, the fact that you are growing, a change in hormones (fun being a girl) or something more serious, but it is probably nothing. :slight_smile: