1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should guys use face scrub/wash/cleanser?Do you?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DanielSmith, Sep 7, 2014.

1. DanielSmith

Just wondering how many guys wash with a skin care product? As in other than soap?

2. Yosia

I dont know many people who dont use face wash. Its basic hygiene.

3. Gen

Gen

Edit: Wow! I totally read this as "What face wash do you guys use?". Regardless, of course they should.....

My favorite and current brand is Bioderma. It isn't the cheapest brand. The cleanser and toner are roughly twenty dollars each, but I don't mind because they will last me months and months. I have found nothing to be gentle enough for sensitive skin and hydration, while always being powerful enough to clear out everything that tries to sneak up on me. For a cheaper product, I actually had great experiences with Neutrogena Naturals. The cleanser and scrub work really well for being pretty cheap.

Though I have always been a believer that as long as a cleanser cleans the skin without completely stripping it of its oils, there isn't much more it can do. What is put on the skin and in the body after cleansing is what will really make the difference. But I could talk about that stuff all day...

4. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

5. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea, just make sure you don't have any allergic reaction to it. it's a good hygiene habit to practice

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Yes if they want. I don't though.

7. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Ok so this is kind of embarrassing but, I had like two warts on my hand like a year ago and went in after like a year to get them burned off, after finding out that my insurance covered it. So I went in and my now dermatologist(who is really cute!!!), saw a mole that I had on my hand and started asking questions, but I was like what does that have to do with my things(ewww I hate saying it!!!) and he told his assistant to get a sample of it and so after a couple visits I got then burned off but he also cut a piece if the mole! And I like almost passed out haha at the sight of blood haha cx, my hand was numb so I didn't feel anything but the things were burned off with this special liquid, an so a while later my dermatologist called us and said that they had found melanoma. I was so scared!!! Well they were able to cut off the rest of the mole which wasn't that big and after a couple more visits the sample came back with no melanoma. Well anyways haha after all was done he looked at me and said "does the acne bother you?" and I was like "no" and my mom was like yes it does what can we do about it haha cx (thank god she did!!!) well he actually recommended me a product named Acne Free and it works great!!! I looked at a pic from like last year which is when this all went down. And omg it's like a hugeeee difference haha! My skin looks great haha :slight_smile: so I use it and know it works because in the commercials it's always like "recommended by dermatologist" but this was ACTUALLY recommended by my dermatologist :slight_smile: I also use the ST.Ives apricot scrub, and On-the-Spot from Neutrogena :slight_smile: I know that was long so yea haha in sorry /.\

So long story short Yes I do use products, st.ives apricot scrub, On-the-Spot by Neutrogena and lastly, my favorite Acnefree :slight_smile:

8. black-cat

Ofcourse. It is like asking if guys should use shampoo. The skin on your face *is* different to everywhere else, so it is obvious that it should get different treatment, but some people can get away with and prefer to use normal soap. Their body, their rules.

9. DangerAlex

Yes, and yes. I'm sure some people could probably get away with not using facial cleanser — maybe just lathering your hands in the shower and washing your face that way, or maybe not even doing that — but from experience, my skin looks and feels much better when I'm using a good cleanser regularly. I don't use astringent or toner but maybe on very rare occasion, and my skin tends to get more oily than dry so I only use facial moisturizer very sparingly, but yes I'm very diligent with caring for my skin. And I feel like you can usually tell when someone doesn't take even basic care of their skin.

10. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

Of course, doesn't most people? I also Exfoliate and use face masks, although my skin is still horrible :frowning2:

Also I'd avoid using body soap.

11. Rainbows~Exist

I slap some on every morning

12. Otaku2014

i use proactive than a baby wash it leaves it feeling super smooth

13. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My skin is quite dry and gets irritated way too soon. Used various cleansers but my skin didn't like that at all. I get away with little water. :icon_bigg

14. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think that cleaning ourselves properly is a good thing, but don't be fooled into thinking you need to spend a small fortune in order to do it. I actually don't think it's good to use lots of artificial substances on our bodies, in any case. There are plenty of affordable, natural, gentle ways in which to not only keep our skin clean, but to have it radiant and glowing as well. And I must put in a mention for avocados. Eat one every day. Very good for the skin. :slight_smile: