1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a Rowing Machine

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Endlessnight500, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Endlessnight500

Well, I was thinking about buying a rowing machine to work out on at home. I hear rowing is a really good workout. I like the idea of having a rowing machine because its pretty much no impact on your joints, and I like it alot more than walking on a tread mill or riding a bike. But I don't know what kind to get, or what to really look for in a rowing machine. Does anyone have any tips on rowing machines? And do you think it would be a worth it to buy one? Btw, I wouldnt be the only one using it, my brother and mother would be using it too.

2. dictionary

I am a rower....

Have you spent a long time on an "ergo" at high intencity? because generaly it dosent take long to develop painfull and cripling blisters...

I wouldent recomend getting an ergo because rowing requires alot of tecnique to create a realy effeciant stroke... also without the correct tecnique you will easaly sustain injuries ie strained mucels and back...

Rowing machines are quite expencive also.. what are you trying to do.... build up fitness sustain current fitness.... lose weight.. build muscel?